• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In 3 days of FA period

Ja  Rhule

Nonsense... I bet you if they let me look at contracts and play around I would clear up sh*t load of cap space... I know Hurney can do better. Cap space is for us fans not for the teams. Look at Redskins for example.

Now, now. Calling Hurney out will get the fanboys fuming.

or that... To many 7-9 seasons... forgot after which one that was. But the point is... we sucked.

We were pretty inactive early in free agency last year if I recall, but it worked out. I know, as fans it's frustrating and we want to see improvement. But I think Hurney's looking at it as we really don't have any glaring needs besides the defensive line, so we don't need to be big players in free agency anyway.

We were pretty inactive early in free agency last year if I recall, but it worked out. I know, as fans it's frustrating and we want to see improvement. But I think Hurney's looking at it as we really don't have any glaring needs besides the defensive line, so we don't need to be big players in free agency anyway.

I want a QB and DT. Thats all I want. This year QB draft sucks too.

He was on our team last year too... You do not improve your team by signing the same players. Im not concerned about Offense (except QB). Im concerned about our D.

You improve your team by not losing your best lineman to free agency. A lot of GMs around the league went "poo" when we inked Gross.

Look at it how you like, Gross was our main priority this offseason.

You improve your team by not losing your best lineman to free agency. A lot of GMs around the league went "sh*t" when we inked Gross.

Look at it how you like, Gross was our main priority this offseason.

I agree, I want him back at all cost! But I also want to improve some other positions. Like DT and QB.

The Panthers didnt even squeak... Not a single report in neither KFFL nor Rotoworld. No visits scheduled, no players signed. Last time that happened Fox said "We're getting all our starters back" Thats the season Panthers went 7-9 and no playoffs (right after making NFCCG).

the panthers never make moves early in FA

They do... not in the past 3 years tho.

Well who would you have liked to of seen Carolina grab so far?

Haynesworth? Do you think that he is going to be worth a 7yr $100 mil contract? Do you really want the Panthers to sign him when we have some young talent that is going to want to get paid in the next few years.

Antonio Smith? 5 yr $35 mil contract for a guy who averages 3.5 sacks a year. Really, are you pissed we missed on him.

Chris Canty, now he would have been interesting to pick up, but do you think that a guy who averaged 38 tackles and 2.7 sacks is worth a 6 yr $42 mil contract? I would rather not spend that much money on a guy who is an enigma.

Rocky Bernard wouldn't have been a bad pick up but at $4 mil a year Carolina can't afford him.

About the only QB that we "missed" out on is Cassel. A lot of people thank that he is a system QB. May not be, may be the real deal but do you want to pay him 14.65 mil this year or try to re-work his contract, cause you know the dude and his agent are going to cash in as quick as possible just in case.

Pretty much, we haven't really missed out on a whole lot yet. I would really rather not see Carolina give a FA an overpriced contract when we could lock up Beason, Davis, Williams, Kalil, or even Marshall long term.

Besides all of that...just because things are quiet, that doesn't mean they're not working on something, or that they're not interested in making the team better. And besides that, it's not like they could affort an Albert Haynesworth in the first place.

Everything pretty much depends on Peppers right now. Hurney can't just wish the salary cap away.

Archived