• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets sit down indian style and talk about jimmy clausen

malik

If there's one strength Clausen possess it's the ability to understand complex offences . He also has plenty of experience throwing vertical at his days at Notre Dame. And has a year (as bad as it was) of experience in the NFL.

While this doesn't assure us of anything, it does allow the possibility he can overcome the obstacles that Chud's offence would present. I wouldn't be surprised if he does well in the preseason. Being able to start is another matter.

high school, college, and the NFL all have one thing in common for Jimmy Clausen....he has never won a single impressive game. Only beat inferior competition. Can't say that about many guys who have played in the NFL. But I guess he will be the exception......

If there's one strength Clausen possess it's the ability to understand complex offences . He also has plenty of experience throwing vertical at his days at Notre Dame. And has a year (as bad as it was) of experience in the NFL.

While this doesn't assure us of anything, it does allow the possibility he can overcome the obstacles that Chud's offence would present. I wouldn't be surprised if he does well in the preseason. Being able to start is another matter.

I may be an idiot, I think he has the physical capabilities. He appears to lack leadership skills, probably the most important need of that position.

I may be an idiot, I think he has the physical capabilities. He appears to lack leadership skills, probably the most important need of that position.

I think he has the work ethic....I think he lacks the physical skill set for the type offenses being run in Carolina and leadership.

I think you could plug him into a really good WC system and he would do okay.....he has never shown the intangibles to be thought of as more at this level.

i don't even know if that's necessarily true. I just think the game was way too big and way too fast for him last year. Everybody said he was the most "pro-ready QB." That simply wasn't true.

the NFL was just much too fast for him last year. it's difficult to judge any of his skill-set in that situation.

high school, college, and the NFL all have one thing in common for Jimmy Clausen....he has never won a single impressive game. Only beat inferior competition. Can't say that about many guys who have played in the NFL. But I guess he will be the exception......

Once again you on put a naive view on wins. Wins is a team stat. He had a very bad defense, suspect coaching and offensive line.

To think that any good college Qb can simply will himself to wins single handily is ridcioulous.

You already proven you have not watched much if any Notre Dame games when he played in a prevoius thread. So you really have no basis to judge him as a college player. Looking up wins is not in anyway a logical way to judge him.

i don't even know if that's necessarily true. I just think the game was way too big and way too fast for him last year. Everybody said he was the most "pro-ready QB." That simply wasn't true.

the NFL was just much too fast for him last year. it's difficult to judge any of his skill-set in that situation.

Yea I don't really know either. I use words like appear, to admit I dont really know because I have never been in the huddle, or a practice, or the film room. It kills me to see people assume on here with such confidence, when they actually have no clue. Last season obviously damaged peoples egos or really hurt their feelings on here for some reason. He is the easiest to blame, b/c if you admit the truth, that pretty much the whole team sucked, then this year would look very grim. If everyone pours on the hate on him, it makes this season much easier to bare. We will be much improved, with or without him at the helm.

Once again you on put a naive view on wins. Wins is a team stat. He had a very bad defense, suspect coaching and offensive line.

To think that any good college Qb can simply will himself to wins single handily is ridcioulous.

You already proven you have not watched much if any Notre Dame games when he played in a prevoius thread. So you really have no basis to judge him as a college player. Looking up wins is not in anyway a logical way to judge him.

sorry man, wins aren't always just a team stats in high school and college. Not when talking about NFL caliber QBs. NFL caliber QBs CAN and DO put teams on there back and win at a variety of levels. They may not do it every week but they do it. Jimmy never won a legit game in HS or college.....that means something. It isn't all about wins and losses....but the fact he has never done anything on any level matters a lot.

Name me one QB that turned out to be a legit NFL QB that never beat anyone but scrub competition?

I have watched plenty of Clausen at ND. The people I think who watched highlights are the ones who were surprised at how bad he was.....b/c he played the exact same way last year as he did at ND.

Cam Newton played on the least talented team possibly in the SEC last year......there are tons of examples of NFL QB who put teams on there back and won games (that doesn't mean every week like Cam did)......there are none where people did nothing but lose every game they faced better or equal competition like Jimmy.

so becuase he is not writing correct he must be from the hood?

No he is from the hood because he has stated it before.

But even if he hadn't he would still be narrow minded and undereducated.

Seriously take a look at some of his threads.

Archived