• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers and the Redskins

LOL at believing what you read from press releases. If you believe that i have a lot of stock I want to sell you as well as a bridge. You can't possibly believe that the Skins released him bc of offseason workouts. They didn't want to be embarrassed for giving up a 2nd and then cutting him after half a season. Taylor didn't like playing for the Skins. So, they both saved face by using this sorry excuse.

oh yeah? lol at you for thinking anyone is going to believe you after that cleveland thing.

you can't go around criticizing people for listening to the media instead of a "more credible" statement that you made?

wow.

i think you have already tried selling your bridge around here before. trying to sell it again?

good luck.

The foreskins offered 2 number 1s to cincinnati last year for ocho cinco. If there is one team and owner dumb/genius enough to give up 2 ones for pepp is Snyder. I for one reallllyyyy hope this trade goes down. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be suprised if this move was made so they could pursue Peppers, and of all the teams he could end up with I wouldn't mind the Skins, they're my 2nd team.

Just imagine Haynesworth and Peppers on the same D-LINE, dear lord...

The foreskins offered 2 number 1s to cincinnati last year for ocho cinco. If there is one team and owner dumb/genius enough to give up 2 ones for pepp is Snyder. I for one reallllyyyy hope this trade goes down. :thumbsup:

same here! then id hope we take one of the top Qbs with one of our 1sts next year

ayy i can hope right??

The only thing that lends this thread any credence is the fact the idiot Snyder did offer the Bungals 2 #1s for 85 last year.

I thought we might hose Snyder somehow this year until they signed Haynesworth. I guess I wouldn't put anything past the Redskins "maverick" owner. :lol:

I don't like the idea of having somebody play for us who doesn't want to be here. I know Gross is trying to make the issue seem not as bad as it is, by saying Peppers is 50/50 but he already made his feelings felt after the Arizona loss. I would rather save our money.

Can we still get him to sign a new deal? Or is it a one year contract or bust?

Bottomline is, we are a small market team. We aren't the Redskins. We won't drop 100 million on anybody. We tried to play the free agency game before and signed Sean Gilbert in '98 to like a 7 year, 50 million dollar deal. Even though Peppers is MUCH MUCH better than Gilbert (well, a lot lot better!!!), it was still a blow to our cap and forever changed how we approached free agency. We will spend good money on a good player through free agency but we perfer the draft. Bottomline, we don't try to be retarded with our money. Period.

Peppers destroys our cap. It destroys our ability to sign anybody else, it's just stupid. If he wanted to be here, he would have resigned last year during his struggle to perform. The fact that he decided to stick around and get better before he became a free agent, proves that he intended to leave our team.

As far as the Redskins, I've read several sources that said it was Peppers favorite team growing up. Plus they play very well and he won't feel like his financially destroying the organization when he collects a paycheck. haha

$100 million to the 'Skins is chumpchange, to the Panthers... it's the entire cap. :(

Oh lawdie...I forgot about that and how DUMMM it is.

If any team wants to give Carolina a single 1st let alone 2 for Pep I am taking that one and running.

Truth.

I'm happy with the 2nd rounder the Pats took for Cassel.

A 2nd rounder plus 16.7 million dollars of extra cap space for the malcontent Peppers is a steal. :D

Archived