• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jay Cutler Vs Matt Moore

bLACKpANTHER

How difficult is it for people to read/research, to find out whether or not a player is even on the market? HE ISN'T ON THE MARKET.

I don't care whatever strange logic you use, learn to research before you make a post like this, or learn to shut the heck up.

if you believe everything you read, then you are an idiot..

if you are bored outta your mind because everyone else is making splashes and we are sitting on our hands until we figure out what to do with Pep and Lucas, then join in the HUGE speculation that is the Panther F*ckin Message Board!!!

if you believe everything you read, then you are an idiot..

if you are bored outta your mind because everyone else is making splashes and we are sitting on our hands until we figure out what to do with Pep and Lucas, then join in the HUGE speculation that is the Panther F*ckin Message Board!!!

I see you edited your quote. This thread is about a QB that isn't on the market. You can believe whatever you want to. If it makes you feel better, believe the earth is flat, and we really are the only intelligent life out here. Believe whatever you want. That is your choice.

But when posting a thread about CUTLER (yes, it's in the thread title ~ aren't you glad you edited your original post so you didn't look like a complete idiot?) it would help it the QB was actually being shopped around.

I don't care whom they are comparing the QB to....Cutler is an immature QB on a team that isn't going to get rid of him, unless they get the player they want. If you want to think otherwise, keep it to yourself.

Yes, we are in the minority here.

People couldn't sing his praises enough a year ago. Then he rides the pine (just as every QB needs to do) when Jake comes back. We know we have a QB in Moore that can play the game, has the arm, and can lead the team. He's going to get a chance to lead this team before any other QB we bring in. How do I know this, cause the Panthers aren't going to trade for an ELITE QB ~ specially this year. The FO still believes in, and stands behind Jake, regardless of the viewpoint of the fans.

Despite all this, fans will never stop dreaming about an ELITE QB. That's fine, dream away ~ but realize that currently, that is all it will be ~ a dream.

I think you gave the reason why people have forgotten about Moore. Delhomme is such a polarizing QB that when Moore wasn't able to unseat Delhomme, which he didn't have a chance of doing no matter his talent, then some fans moved on to other possibilities.

I won't lie. I am among those fans that saw a very slim chance of getting Cutler and became excited. That doesn't mean I am not still excited about the possibility of what Moore can do in the future. I actually think he can be the future of this team. But that won't be able to happen until Delhomme is gone or the team allows another QB the chance to play.

I have supported Delhomme for many years now and am not one of the ones that have consistanly called for his replacement. I even defended him in Oakland game this season. But as I see it right now Delhomme has reached the end of his time in Carolina because the question has turned from can the team win a championship with Delhomme to will Delhomme keep the team from winning a championship.

IMO when that happens a change needs to happen. But many on here say that this just isn't the right time for that change as there are no FA QB or QB in the draft that would be an upgrade. Then give the chance to Moore. I would be for that just as much as bringing in Cutler.

Culter vs. Moore? I would take Moore, actually. But will Moore have the chance to start as compared to Cutler? Propably not and that is what is so frustrating.

If you are bored out of your mind and want to speculate about fantasy football, that's certainly your prerogative. Some find it fun to do, no biggie. But acting as if any of that fantasy is close to what the team should or could do in reality to build a winning team is a different matter. I don't know how many other posters can say that spending big bucks/ making splashes in FA every year is not the way to go before it starts to sink in. How many SB winners were propelled over the top by some huge FA acquisition? The Packers in the 90s with Reggie White maybe?

If you are bored out of your mind and want to speculate about fantasy football, that's certainly your prerogative. Some find it fun to do, no biggie. But acting as if any of that fantasy is close to what the team should or could do in reality to build a winning team is a different matter. I don't know how many other posters can say that spending big bucks/ making splashes in FA every year is not the way to go before it starts to sink in. How many SB winners were propelled over the top by some huge FA acquisition? The Packers in the 90s with Reggie White maybe?

You build through the draft, we never draft QB's, so how exactly are we supposed to get a good QB?

As far as what camp I sit in when it comes to Delhomme. I've always been a critic of his. Mainly cause of his happy feet, and refusal to throw a ball away, taking the sack and loss of yards instead.

The team and offense still believes in Jake. He is good enough to win a championship. An good defense, good running game, and Jake took us to the championship his first season as a starter.

Yes Jake has had rough games. This last one, especially. In my view point, he never should have played the 2nd half of that game. That isn't his fault though.

Such as life, and the team is moving on from that moment. Of course the fans won't, cause they have all off-season to stew on it ~ which makes the off season, specially on here, that much more difficult.

All that being said, Moore does have a chance. When will he get it? Well, I'd prefer him to sit one more season, if possible. That would require Jake staying healthy, and leaving his bad game behind him though.

Point of reference? I love you but I have no point of reference with which to evaluate your take, (although fairly certain it's valid, I know you). Scrum is famous for this as well, I'm a fan of using the quote button, it let's others know who you are talking to... :D

You build through the draft, we never draft QB's, so how exactly are we supposed to get a good QB?

I don't object to drafting one (NOT a first rounder though but 2nd-third), but this isn't the year for it is it? I too think that Moore/McCown are capable though, so I wouldn't panic too much on it. The only unnerving thing RIGHT NOW (because we don't know what all they have planned) is that they have no QB under contract for 2010.

I see you edited your quote. This thread is about a QB that isn't on the market. You can believe whatever you want to. If it makes you feel better, believe the earth is flat, and we really are the only intelligent life out here. Believe whatever you want. That is your choice.

But when posting a thread about CUTLER (yes, it's in the thread title ~ aren't you glad you edited your original post so you didn't look like a complete idiot?) it would help it the QB was actually being shopped around.

I don't care whom they are comparing the QB to....Cutler is an immature QB on a team that isn't going to get rid of him, unless they get the player they want. If you want to think otherwise, keep it to yourself.

what i edited was that the thread was more about the Moore or McCown future QB of the Panthers issue.. i threw in Cutler so people would read it..

i consider myself a patient person.. i understand that we dont make any moves early in FA, usually.. but htis year seems to irk me a bit more because we all know that Pep is gunna get dealt and we cant do anything until it happens.. so speculation is all we have to do right now.. to the Skins?? to the Pats?? could Cutler really be a Panther??

i dont know the answer, and neither do you.. i know Cutler's probably stayng in Denver and that Pep is probably going to the Pats, if anybody, but i dont know for sure.. so let me speculate, cus speculations is all we have to do.. just be happy there are a few Cutler threads instead a long list of every FA released or last year's gawd awful threads about Delhomme's surgery..

Point of reference? I love you but I have no point of reference with which to evaluate your take, (although fairly certain it's valid, I know you). Scrum is famous for this as well, I'm a fan of using the quote button, it let's others know who you are talking to... :D

OOPS...I usually quote, but I was typing right under BPs post that started "if you believe everything you read" and didn't realize that a bunch would jump in between mine and his.

Archived