• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do your kids play with other kids in your neighborhood?

Cat

My kids do play with some other kids from down the street, but just those two... I am very reluctant to let my kids wander much in our neighborhood.

I grew up in a much smaller town, and we knew everyone. I recall going out in the morning, and not coming home until dark, and my parents didn't really care.

Our neighborhood is connected to others and there are so many people I don't know and so many people going thru and going in and out that I would be worried about them constantly if we just let them run free like we did when we were little.

It's a shame really.

My kids do play with some other kids from down the street, but just those two... I am very reluctant to let my kids wander much in our neighborhood.

I grew up in a much smaller town, and we knew everyone. I recall going out in the morning, and not coming home until dark, and my parents didn't really care.

Our neighborhood is connected to others and there are so many people I don't know and so many people going thru and going in and out that I would be worried about them constantly if we just let them run free like we did when we were little.

It's a shame really.

Same here, things have changed since I was a kid.

kids are always playing together in my neighborhood. mine isn't old enough yet.

the wife caught a pack of kids hanging around our cars yesterday too. not sure what they were up to if anything.

Oh nothing bad, I'm sure. Probably checking out your sound system for future reference :D

We always had the yard where the kiddies would hang out. I still see and get visits from my kids friends (now in their 20's) and I enjoy that.

Our joke is that we had such a large grocery bill in the summer because we were "feeding the neighborhood" :lol:

My younger batch are 3 boys and our neighborhood has had about 8 kids born in the same age group. This time, they better play somewhere else....

It's a shame really.

Same here, things have changed since I was a kid.

I did that too. I'm sure things have changed but I also think that 24/7 news has made us more fearful then we should be and that our parents might have been a bit more naive.

Oh nothing bad, I'm sure. Probably checking out your sound system for future reference :D

We always had the yard where the kiddies would hang out. I still see and get visits from my kids friends (now in their 20's) and I enjoy that.

Our joke is that we had such a large grocery bill in the summer because we were "feeding the neighborhood" :lol:

My younger batch are 3 boys and our neighborhood has had about 8 kids born in the same age group. This time, they better play somewhere else....

How do you keep up with all your kids Pantha, much less feed them???

i remember the days of running around with kids in the neighborhood... hell, once i was in middle school, we would venture out pretty far to surrounding neighborhoods to hang out with other people from school... i'm not sure if my parents were naive to the fact that something could happen, they just trusted that i could take care of myself

now (which sadly, is only about 15 years later), there are hardly any kids running around our current neighborhood except for a group of about five thugs who run around acting like they own the joint. they tear poo up and have cost our HOA a pretty penny cleaning up after them. no point in even going to the neighborhood pool if you see their bikes out front

i'm sure most of the other parents in the neighborhood don't want their kids out and about in fear that they'll have a run in with this little 'gang.' it's sad, really...

Archived