• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need advice for anniversary dinner in Charlotte

tattoorhino

Once again it is my anniversary and I am celebrating 7 wonderful years with a woman that loves football and the Panthers(yes, I am a blessed man!). I need advice on somewhere in Uptown to go for a really nice, price is no option, place to eat.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped out in the past years, we have never had a bad dinner for our anniversary.

I like the Custom Shop on Elizabeth. They do pretty much all sous vide which has been around for a long time but is pretty trendy/modern for Charlotte. Fair prices especially for anniversary dinner. It will be the most tender meat whatever you select whether it's poultry, pork, beef, or game.

Reading this, it seems you really don't care about being truly uptown Charlotte. If that's the case, I LOVE Dressler's. Ask for the owner, Jon, and tell him "Murph" recommended it. He's a huge Eagles fan so we always give each other a hard time. Truly a good dude. I recommend the Just for the Halibut as an entree. And the Calamari (which is unique) as an app.

Back to Uptown - then also Harvest Moon Grille. All locally grown food. They put the distance on the menu.

:yesnod: Sullivan's is my favorite place in Charlotte, but I've never been to the Capital grille so I couldn't compare

At capital grille every server knows the wine list and seem to be dying to make you happy. At Sullivan's I have had just terrible service over the past year.

CG is significantly more expensive tan Sullivan's

Reading this, it seems you really don't care about being truly uptown Charlotte. If that's the case, I LOVE Dressler's. Ask for the owner, Jon, and tell him "Murph" recommended it. He's a huge Eagles fan so we always give each other a hard time. Truly a good dude. I recommend the Just for the Halibut as an entree. And the Calamari (which is unique) as an app.

Back to Uptown - then also Harvest Moon Grille. All locally grown food. They put the distance on the menu.

Went to Dressler's and had a surprisingly good experience.

Only complaint was they seemed to pack 'em in like a Micky & Mooch type place.

Archived