• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

most overrated panther

panther4life

I don't see how people can say Dan Morgan was overrated. WHEN he was healthy he was one of the best line backers in the league.

Go ahead and rip him for being injured all the time with concussions. Some things players have no control over.

So you people who say he was overrated are just dumb.

Morgan had 1 season with over 100 tackles. He never had a stellar year or even a really good one. He never played more than 13 games and only played double digit games in 4 out of 7 years with us. Even now some pundits think he'll be a great lber if he's healthy even though he has basically not played for 3 years now. To call him one of the best mlbers is just silly when you look at what he actually did on the field.

Morgan had 1 season with over 100 tackles. He never had a stellar year or even a really good one. He never played more than 13 games and only played double digit games in 4 out of 7 years with us. Even now some pundits think he'll be a great lber if he's healthy even though he has basically not played for 3 years now. To call him one of the best mlbers is just silly when you look at what he actually did on the field.

We are referring to his actual actions on the field, not how many times he showed up for school. :rolleyes:

The guy played like a well-trained animal.

If you talk to ANYONE who is a non-Panther football fan they will tell you that's a Carolina thing. NOBODY...I mean NOBODY, thinks Delhomme is overrated. They think he stinks!

Funny, but I mention his name and fans of other teams go, hell yeah, he's good. I still want an open competition, but your assertion that he is considered crap around the league is off base... :lol:

It probably won't be long until somebody brings up something like "25 tackles in a Super Bowl" :eek:

Problem is, that's just an old wife's tale ... it didn't happen.

For those that think it did, do 1 to 3 things. 1) Go to NFL.com or even 2) panthers.com itself, and look at the gamecenter stats. Go over each play and see what you get. Or better yet 3) watch a replay of the game a count yourself.

I had the real total around here somewhere, but not going to look for it. I believe he had something like 11 tackles and a handful of assist, or something close to that.

The biggest problem with that game though was Brady, Branch, and Brown picking our ass apart across the middle. Morgan had to make tackles after allowing so many catches. Remember Brady had twice as many completions in that game as Jake, most of them across the middle.

Morgan, no doubt OVER-RATED !!

Oh and......7 sacks IN HIS CAREER. LOL !

How many was it LB D. Thomas had in ONE (1) game? I believe it was 6 wasn't it?

Edit: Oops my bad, maybe it was 7 Thomas had in 1 game. 120 something in his career I think.

It's funny how some people can say Jake sucks or Jake is overrated. To be a starting QB in the NFL you gotta be good, special even, one out of 32. I've seen the guy make too many good plays, with or without #89.

As far as most recently overrated I'd really have to go with the David Carr camp. Quite metro, and the glove?!?

He was billed as a scrambling QB, yeah scrambling for his life before going fetal. The guy was gun shy.

Funny, but I mention his name and fans of other teams go, hell yeah, he's good. I still want an open competition, but your assertion that he is considered crap around the league is off base... :lol:

Not an assertion, just an observation from people I live and work with living on the opposite coast (from all over basically). Not my opinion at all, sir. I like Jake but as of late his abilities have to be in question. I called for open competition a month ago.

Can't believe that no one has mentioned Doug Evans yet. Not that he's #1 or anything because Gilbert/Carr (or Eric Swann, another one who hasn't been mentioned), but remember when he was supposed to "shore up" our secondary.

It's funny how some people can say Jake sucks or Jake is overrated. To be a starting QB in the NFL you gotta be good, special even, one out of 32. I've seen the guy make too many good plays, with or without #89.

As far as most recently overrated I'd really have to go with the David Carr camp. Quite metro, and the glove?!?

He was billed as a scrambling QB, yeah scrambling for his life before going fetal. The guy was gun shy.

Quinthy Cahta

and Aaron Brooks

Overrated means people are praising a player way TOO MUCH. Carr didn't get any of this or most of the other players mentioned in this thread. Delhomme wins in a landslide.

Yeah I wouldn't know what Carr overrated sounds like. Kinda like knowing what a sasquatch fart sounds like. Just haven't heard it.

Archived