• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason had Surgery

Cat

We're taking more of a beating with injuries than most other teams this season. Not wishing injuries on anyone, but our NFC South rivals appear to have dodged the injury bug so far.

I made this post so someone would give me an injury update on our rivals.

Injuries are not an excuse. Look at Green Bay last year, they had tons of guys hurt last year and won it all. There are 53 guys on the roster for a reason. Backups are always 1 play away from starting and need to be ready to pick up their game. Honestly giving the backups plenty of work in preseason is a good thing and will pay off for us down the road. What people think is bad right now may be good for us if we have injuries in the regular season. Right now I am glad the backups are getting plenty of work. This way we know what we have and what we need to shore up before cuts are actually made.

Injuries are not an excuse. Look at Green Bay last year, they had tons of guys hurt last year and won it all. There are 53 guys on the roster for a reason. Backups are always 1 play away from starting and need to be ready to pick up their game. Honestly giving the backups plenty of work in preseason is a good thing and will pay off for us down the road. What people think is bad right now may be good for us if we have injuries in the regular season. Right now I am glad the backups are getting plenty of work. This way we know what we have and what we need to shore up before cuts are actually made.

We are THIN at a lot of things, Green Bay has an actual 'franchise' QB and great coaching. We have a rookie coach, AND a rookie QB. To compare us to Green Bay or even mention us in the same sentence as Green Bay is asinine.

We are THIN at a lot of things, Green Bay has an actual 'franchise' QB and great coaching. We have a rookie coach, AND a rookie QB. To compare us to Green Bay or even mention us in the same sentence as Green Bay is asinine.

I don't think he was comparing us to Green Bay so much as using them as a reference that you can still do ok with injuries. Of course they are a better team as a whole and can thus probably overcome injuries to certain guys a bit better, but if something happened to Greg Jennings or Clay Mathews I still feel like they would have been in a world of hurt.

Archived