• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is not ready

The Saltman

Every game every where there are moments when the pocket breaks down. But Cam in many of those cases (not all) should have already gotten rid of the ball before the defense got to him.

I am not being critical of Cam. Again he is a rookie and rookies have a hard time getting rid of the ball sometimes. He will get better and faster with getting the ball out.

Pass protection isn't about sacks allowed. I have seen team's O-line give up 30 sacks in a season and the O-line was fine. It was the QB.

But Cam will get better at getting rid of the ball, recognizing defenses, and getting his blockers on the guys pre-snap as he gains experience

I have re-watched the game twice now, and more often than not, there was a snap, and 1/2 a second later Cam's facemask was touching the back of Kalil's jersey. It was a really, really, really bad night for the offensive line. Really bad.

TRD I feel like if you argued with Vince Lombardi in his heyday, you would come away thinking you won the argument. Doesn't always make it so just because you think you're always right.

Well there are no Vince Lombardi's here for crying out loud. And Vince was smart enough to NOT ignore the defensive line or start a rook waaaaay before his time.

I believe ol' Vince would be on mine and TRD's side.

All I want to know is, when will Mr. Anderson be cut from the team? For some reason, it seems like this guy is taboo to the coaching staff. Yet we must have one of the dumbest coaching staffs in the league because they are the one who brought him in. If they didn't think there was a chance he would be playing, why in the world did they bring him in? To mentor? Hello, that is why you have coaches! Coaches coach, players play.

The guy knows the offense, had a probowl season with this offense, and is the only vet we have on this team. (and only 26-27 I believe.) Yet this guy is invisible to everyone except a few who want to see what the guy can do. I wish Rivera will do us few who see Derek, a very small favor. Cut the guy now. The longer he is on this team, the longer I wonder about what would happen if we put him in. It's an agonizing thought.:(

The spread will kill our team. We are built for the run. Our two best offensive players are RBs. If Cam can't learn to work within that and we make a strength a weakness he shouldn't be on the field.

@catsgrowl: you would be more relevant if you didn't say Cam's mechanics were right where they should be and that you have a laundry list of people quoting Cam as a bust.

Stick to talking circles around people who don't have a clue, leave football alone.

TRD I feel like if you argued with Vince Lombardi in his heyday, you would come away thinking you won the argument. Doesn't always make it so just because you think you're always right.

I wouldn't argue with Vince, he actually knows football.

People here don't know what JV is, don't know man v zone, don't know play design theory, think 2 step drops exist, think formation dictates offensive theory, think blitz and zone can only be applied to run or pass, and so on.

Good contribution though, never go after the content, only go after the poster....

Archived