• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos' talk with Cutler goes sour

NCMTNCAT

Trade rumors back to the fore

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was part of a conference call Monday with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler.

According to an NFL source, the call left the quarterback believing that if the Broncos find the right deal, he will be traded between now and the NFL draft that begins on April 25.

Cutler was in Nashville when the call was placed. He was accompanied on the call by his agent Bus Cook. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and general manager Brian Xanders also were part of the call.

Cutler has been irked since learning McDaniels tried to trade him to Tampa Bay nearly two weeks ago in a proposed deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel.

http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_11882256?source=rss

Hey, if he wants to get paid like a mercenary, then I suggest he develops the thicker skin required by one. I smell too much "Farvish" drama generated by Bus Cook.

"Believing", not what was actually said.

According to an NFL source, the call left the quarterback believing that if the Broncos find the right deal, he will be traded between now and the NFL draft that begins on April 25.

According to the source, Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

English lesson for Cutler-> "no one is untradeable" =/= you will be traded.

Just my take, but I think this is just the new head coach's way establishing his authority. I kinda like it actually. It removes the common complaint about the new boss, "Well, we used to do it this way, and it was better." Don't get me wrong, he can still make that complaint, but he now knows it will do him no good. They guy now knows he will either get on board with the new coach's philosophy or be gone.

Hey, if he wants to get paid like a mercenary, then I suggest he develops the thicker skin required by one. I smell too much "Farvish" drama generated by Bus Cook.

I have also read that Cook engineered the PR nightmare of the whole McNair fiasco in Tenn. At least he hasn't done anything of that kind with Luc.

Sounds like from that piece that Cutler was expecting a hankie and a cookie and a pat on the head though. If he doesn't report for offseason stuff he's an even bigger whiner than I thought.

Am I the only person who would rather have Delhomme than Cutler?

Cutler is still unproven! He has lost more games than he's won, and he's in a poor division. His health is an issue. Oh, and he's a whiner.

Jake may not be the most skilled player of all time (I still think he might be as good at Cutler), but at least he has definitely got "heart". I'm fine with looking for a solid replacement next year, when it's contract time. But for now, let's not trade away Peppers for an unproven, whiny, unhealthy QB...when we've already got one who works well with what we've got.

No, you're not. I'm one of them too. Everyone talks about Cutler's big arm. Give me a freaking break. The guy has zero heart, gives pathetic effort, and thinks he's the greatest. I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Don't get me wrong, after seeing Jake's play, I'm not against finding a new QB. But not Cutler.

Am I the only person who would rather have Delhomme than Cutler?

Cutler is still unproven! He has lost more games than he's won, and he's in a poor division. His health is an issue. Oh, and he's a whiner.

Jake may not be the most skilled player of all time (I still think he might be as good at Cutler), but at least he has definitely got "heart". I'm fine with looking for a solid replacement next year, when it's contract time. But for now, let's not trade away Peppers for an unproven, whiny, unhealthy QB...when we've already got one who works well with what we've got.

I read the first sentence then looked at your sig and ignored the rest of your post....

Archived