• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is not a praise Cam thread, just a question.

DoWorkBson

There were a lot of people against it. I just want us to all be on the same page and supporting OUR team. The entire team, he will continue to win people over each and every week with his play.

Not gonna happen. A lot of people here are still against Cam for whatever reason. Right now the climate isn't right to come out and voice their continued displeasure. Bump this post after a bad game then you can get a true measure of the for and against.

The same can be applied to Godfrey, Steve Smith, Otah, Gamble and whomever is at DT. Everyone here wants the panthers to succeed. However they're are some who would rather be right. Personal bias will be here forever. Cam would have to play lights out for at least a complete year before he converts his most ardent detractors. Even then some may not be on board. Universal acceptance on this board is a myth.

There were a lot of people against it. I just want us to all be on the same page and supporting OUR team. The entire team, he will continue to win people over each and every week with his play.

I honestly found it funny but not surprising, that Cam was so intentionally hated because some in the sports world felt he was to talented while he was at Auburn. I guess that is where all the disbelief and scrutinizing came from.

I personally didn't want him on the Panthers. I personally wanted him on a team that wouldn't plant unrealistic expectations on him and not deliver him weapons to work with. A QB is not God.

But then I looked back on the championships Cam helped the schools he attended, albeit briefly, win and I realize that they were schools who really needed a QB who could take their team to their respective NC. He helped Blinn win their first championship and Auburn theirs in 53-56 years. Then I said, why not. I do believe he comes to life when he's on a team that needs him.

Not gonna happen. A lot of people here are still against Cam for whatever reason. Right now the climate isn't right to come out and voice their continued displeasure. Bump this post after a bad game then you can get a true measure of the for and against.

The same can be applied to Godfrey, Steve Smith, Otah, Gamble and whomever is at DT. Everyone here wants the panthers to succeed. However they're are some who would rather be right. Personal bias will be here forever. Cam would have to play lights out for at least a complete year before he converts his most ardent detractors. Even then some may not be on board. Universal acceptance on this board is a myth.

So in other words, ur saying that some of the Panther fans are like the Boston Red Sox fans and only like their players when the team is winning.

In all honesty, everyone isn't going to like Cam but the level of hate that was generated around him while he was in college and perpetuated by the media after, seem to reach Mike Vick, he murdered dogs, level of hate. Don't know why it seem so easy to build such an atmosphere of blind hate with some people regardless of what they do or didn't do.

So in other words, ur saying that some of the Panther fans are like the Boston Red Sox fans and only like their players when the team is winning.

In all honesty, everyone isn't going to like Cam but the level of hate that was generated around him while he was in college and perpetuated by the media after, seem to reach Mike Vick, he murdered dogs, level of hate. Don't know why it seem so easy to build such an atmosphere of blind hate with some people regardless of what they do or didn't do.

Never that bad. Cam hate is bad but on some fronts it was almost entirely media generated. I mean outside of the usual suspects and people who are Alabama fans they were not many instances of blind hate. Michael Vick is almost the perfect storm of hate. He hits the racial, social, economic, moral and sport hero worship buttons all at the same time. I mean if he was related to Barack Obama and was a muslim I'm pretty sure he couldn't leave Philly without the secret service protecting him.

Does anyone who was dead set before and after the draft that we should have picked someone else still think Cam was the incorrect pick and still wish your guy was a panther? It doesn't mean you are totally sold on Newton if you've changed your mind, just that he is the best thing for our team. Before the draft I did not want him, but as soon as he put on that hat I have supported him because the FO decided he was our guy.

First, I'm pissed. I just typed all of this out only to have my computer lock up before I submitted it, so this isn't what it should've been.

Cam's passing motion is not "mechanically correct", and it needs more work for his own safety and longevity. It's still a little too upright when he passes, which causes his front leg (left leg) to remain straight because his body's leaning back, which isn't a fluid position. Two problems. First, even though he has a strong arm, it causes his throw to be mostly arm, instead of body and arm, which over the long-haul, is going to wear his arm down more quickly. He throws a dart now, but if he stepped forward into a bent-knee-lunged pass, it'd be even "zippier".

Secondly, his left leg being straight instead of the normal, slightly-bent, mini-lunge position, is more of a safety risk for him. Defenders bust through the line or come around the edge falling all the time, or push O-linemen down trying to get to the QB, and many times they fall into the QB's legs. You're much more likely to get injured if that front leg is straight, than if it's bent at the knee.

Cam's throwing motion is closer to Brady's than most QB's...clearly a good QB...but Cam's is unorthodox. His front leg is "straight" on many passes. Brady has a little bit of bend, but less than most QB's, and the same thing happened to him a few years ago when a defender fell into that leg. Still, overall, Brady has always had a better pass-protecting O-line than the one Cam currently does, so it's not as much of an issue for him.

Just an observation.

Wanted Dareus, still want Dareus. One good profromace in a losing game isn't going to change my mind. The problem is we really wont know until 4 or 5 years from now. Houston was right in picking Williams over Young & Bush. Remember the heat they took? Most people/fans thought they were stupid. Hows it looking now?

Go ahead, flame away.

So oracle the question is (and the point of the thread) who in the draft would have fit/ helped this team more? Cam is not perfect, Cam needs work we all should know this so that isn't really necessary to point out.

I came here this morning to post those comments. Misread the original post in this thread, lol.

I wanted a QB drafted. Preferred "Luck" based on his passing history, college system, especially after the Bowl game performance. Wasn't exactly sold on Newton as a passer, and was leaning towards Dareus or Peterson, but was never against Newton being drafted, and was on-board as soon as the pick was made, especially with all of the "he definitely can't be an NFL QB" talk out there.

I've never been a "Cam hater", despite what some morons on this site believe, based on conversations that have nothing to do with what one thinks of Cam, such as discussing "why" coaches may want to play Cam right now (my thinking: To make sure they have their franchise QB before the Luck draft). After Week One, it looks like the answer was, because he's as ready as he's ever going to be.

Im not blasting anyone for there opinion. However Young is 31 and 19 as a starter and Houston has yet to win a playoff game, just saying. Dareus may be more talented and polished at his position, but he will never be more then a piece to the puzzle. Newton can be the answer to the entire damn question and on the possibility alone he had to be the pick. When you're down as far as you can be you don't play it safe and bunt. You swing for the fence and hope you don't strike out.

I was a very outspoken critic of Newton and did not, under any circumstance want him to be a Panther. I was obviously wrong for a series of reasons and have no problem admitting such. I was wrong on about every front.

However.

The other guys I wanted are still capable of plugging big holes on our roster. The three I wanted we Darius, Peterson and Green. We have question marks still, at all three of those positions.

I didn't believe in Cam. I certainly do now and while my guys fill holes that still remain I'd be an idiot to not be on board the Cam Express.

Sometimes it feels good to be wrong.

First, I'm pissed. I just typed all of this out only to have my computer lock up before I submitted it, so this isn't what it should've been.

Cam's passing motion is not "mechanically correct", and it needs more work for his own safety and longevity. It's still a little too upright when he passes, which causes his front leg (left leg) to remain straight because his body's leaning back, which isn't a fluid position. Two problems. First, even though he has a strong arm, it causes his throw to be mostly arm, instead of body and arm, which over the long-haul, is going to wear his arm down more quickly. He throws a dart now, but if he stepped forward into a bent-knee-lunged pass, it'd be even "zippier".

Secondly, his left leg being straight instead of the normal, slightly-bent, mini-lunge position, is more of a safety risk for him. Defenders bust through the line or come around the edge falling all the time, or push O-linemen down trying to get to the QB, and many times they fall into the QB's legs. You're much more likely to get injured if that front leg is straight, than if it's bent at the knee.

Cam's throwing motion is closer to Brady's than most QB's...clearly a good QB...but Cam's is unorthodox. His front leg is "straight" on many passes. Brady has a little bit of bend, but less than most QB's, and the same thing happened to him a few years ago when a defender fell into that leg. Still, overall, Brady has always had a better pass-protecting O-line than the one Cam currently does, so it's not as much of an issue for him.

Just an observation.

I hear Philip Rivers needs to work on his mechanics as well.

Archived