• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is not a praise Cam thread, just a question.

DoWorkBson

Does anyone who was dead set before and after the draft that we should have picked someone else still think Cam was the incorrect pick and still wish your guy was a panther? It doesn't mean you are totally sold on Newton if you've changed your mind, just that he is the best thing for our team. Before the draft I did not want him, but as soon as he put on that hat I have supported him because the FO decided he was our guy.

Well I was dead set on taking AJ Green, and either hope the lockout would have earned us another 1st pick or tanking so we could pick up Luck next year, while re-signing Moore to get us through this season and also giving him a second shot. I was actually so ticked over our pick, I didn't even really have any interest in watching Cam in pre-season games.

But I couldn't stay away from the regular season. After Sunday, I'm sold. I still don't think it would have been a bad idea to try and get Luck, especially with how I felt about Cam prior to Sunday, and since I'm in love with traditional pocket passing QBs, but after seeing the guy play, I seriously underestimated him and can wholeheartedly accept a new type of QB.

My situation is weird. I've been an Auburn fan since the beginning of 2004 season. So, as an Auburn fan, I loved Newton. As a Panthers fan, I realized that he may or may not be the right pick for us. I was conflicted because I knew he'd be good, but it was a matter of how good. What were the pros and cons of picking another player over him, that kind of thing. So many glaring holes prior to the draft said we have other needs, but having a solid QB is paramount.

After the preseason, I was sold. After Sunday, I am 100% sure it was the PERFECT pick.

My situation is weird. I've been an Auburn fan since the beginning of 2004 season. So, as an Auburn fan, I loved Newton. As a Panthers fan, I realized that he may or may not be the right pick for us. I was conflicted because I knew he'd be good, but it was a matter of how good. What were the pros and cons of picking another player over him, that kind of thing. So many glaring holes prior to the draft said we have other needs, but having a solid QB is paramount.

After the preseason, I was sold. After Sunday, I am 100% sure it was the PERFECT pick.

Bless you.

I'm not 100% sold on newton just yet, it's only been one game.

but i like him 5 million times better than jimmy, and I really hope he goes out and plays well consistently. I am cautiously optimistic at the moment. talk to me by week 10 abotu whether or not i am completely sold

Well, by "100% sold," I mean that I am sold that the pick was a good one. I am not letting one game cloud my judgment if he plays terrible the next few games. He has a ton of potential and it showed this past Sunday. I am with you, I am not sold that we have an NFL great on our hands until later in the season. But, if we're judging on this past game...we're damn close!

I'm not 100% sold on newton just yet, it's only been one game.

but i like him 5 million times better than jimmy, and I really hope he goes out and plays well consistently. I am cautiously optimistic at the moment. talk to me by week 10 abotu whether or not i am completely sold

Like I said its not about being sold on him totally. Was he the right pick for this team?

Archived