• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NC education lotto scratch-offs

The Other Colbert

I won $100 on a $10 card once on my birthday. Won $50 on a $2 card once as well. I very rarely buy them, but when I do I generally do fairly well. Trick is to stick with the $5 cards and up; they may be more expensive, but at least if you win it won't be $1 or something.

Have won $100 bucks a few times. Once went 16 straight tickets without winning anything. Haven't played them since I moved back to Kentucky.

Saw a guy buy up entire rolls at the gas station near me a couple of years ago. He spent $5,000 but won three $7,000 tickets that way. All I could think of was all the poor schmucks who spent their last 10 bucks hoping for one of those tickets and this rich guy comes in and buys them all.

I fugging hate it when I am standing in line at the gas station to buy drinks or something and some low-life with 3 kids that they can't provide for is buying lottery tickets.

Every time that I have ever seen someone win $5 or whatever, they always cash that back in for another ticket.

I used to work at a convenience store. You have no idea how annoying the fuging lottery is. As bad as it must be for the customers, it's even worse for the employees. The worst part is the store doesn't even get paid any more than like 15 cents per ticket or something.

If you ask me, they should be sold in exclusive booths near gas stations and stores rather than inside the stores where they just create long-ass lines.

I used to work at a convenience store. You have no idea how annoying the fuging lottery is. As bad as it must be for the customers, it's even worse for the employees. The worst part is the store doesn't even get paid any more than like 15 cents per ticket or something.

If you ask me, they should be sold in exclusive booths near gas stations and stores rather than inside the stores where they just create long-ass lines.

Yeah, the people who scratch them off while the clerk is getting them another one are the worst. Sometimes they even make the clerk double check if a card has won when it obviously hasn't.

Yeah, the people who scratch them off while the clerk is getting them another one are the worst. Sometimes they even make the clerk double check if a card has won when it obviously hasn't.

The real hard core lotto players don't even scratch them off. They just buy them, have the clerk scan the card on the spot to see if it is a winner.

7%

I fugging hate it when I am standing in line at the gas station to buy drinks or something and some low-life with 3 kids that they can't provide for is buying lottery tickets.

Every time that I have ever seen someone win $5 or whatever, they always cash that back in for another ticket.

Don't blame them. Why would you go to a gas station and pay double?

I've picked up a few cards cause the wife gets a kick out of scratching them off. We've won $25 on a $3 dollar card once. That was the biggest payout I've ever had on a single card.

The best likelihood of a better payout is probably the $20 and up cards. I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a lottery scratch off!

Archived