• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A direct fanbase reaction to Foxball

blackcatgrowl

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82240ed5/article/fox-didnt-hear-broncos-fans-wishes-so-maybe-hell-see-them?module=HP11_hot_topics

The Denver Broncos quarterback controversy is about to get a lot bigger -- literally.

The Denver Post reported Wednesday that a group of eight Broncos fans has decided to pool their money and rent two billboards to implore coach John Fox to start The Golden Calf of Bristol over Kyle Orton.

"We believe in Coach Fox, we're just tired of Kyle Orton," Jesse Oaks told the newspaper. "We were sitting around after Fox said he didn't hear the chants for The Golden Calf of Bristol, and we figured if he's deaf, we hope he's not blind."

Oaks, who lives in Independence, Ky., said he posted his plan on a Broncos message board Wednesday and already has received hundreds of emails from strangers since, most of them offering to chip in for the $10,000 cost.

The fans haven't yet decided what the billboards will say.

Many Denver fans and some in the media have been calling for The Golden Calf of Bristol to take over the team for some time. The pressure grew in the aftermath of the Broncos' 23-20 home loss to the Oakland Raiders on Monday night, when the veteran Orton struggled in the rain and fans started chanting for The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Fox has maintained that Orton is his starter. And Orton said Wednesday that he isn't bothered by the fans' reaction.

"I just look at it like I don't care," he said. "(Fox's) opinion and my teammates' opinions will always be the ones that matter."

This is pure comedy. I knew his stubborn stiffness would get met with pickfork resistance from the Broncos fanbase (Broncos fans are pushy and very aggressive about their team).

I give him a year. 2 years tops. :lol:

Hell, if Denver loses to Cincinatti this weekend, I'm sure we will hear about even more "intervention" from the fanbase.

Fox dealing with a problem he didn't draft...:lol:

What has The Golden Calf of Bristol done to start the second game of the season?

Well, he did have a number of productive starts.

But the question really isn't how much more The Golden Calf of Bristol deserves get it, as it is how much more Orton deserves to lose it. Orton has been terrible.

tbh I wouldn't start The Golden Calf of Bristol either.

The Golden Calf of Bristol lost his #2 spot to brady fuging quinn...

Bronco controlled media spewing the party line?

Admittedly I didn't watch any Bronco Preseason games but in the very limited work Fox gave The Golden Calf of Bristol he was 20/31 (65%) for 310 yds passing with 1 TD and no picks with a 108 QB rating. He also had 8 rushes at 7 yards a clip.

I would imagine with The Golden Calf of Bristol's style Foxy doesn't like the way he practices so that is also proabably a very big factor. The Golden Calf of Bristol is and has been a leader and a winner. I believe he went 1-2 for the Donkeys last year their last 3 games of the season after Orton's 3-10 start.

Bottom line this all doesn't matter barring Orton and Quinn getting injured in the 1st quarter of a game and The Golden Calf of Bristol having the opportunity to Wally Pipp their asses while Fox holds the reins in Denver.

The Golden Calf of Bristol will most likely have to look for his chance in some other town down the road.

http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/gamelogs

Don't really care, but it was one game. Orton could have a 400 yard game this weekend and the Cowgirls losing will still be the number one story.

You have to go back and look at what he did for Denver last year. He was their starter most the year.

Ah fug it, I looked it up for you...

http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/gamelogs?season=2010

He started off ok, but in the last couple games he played before he went down because of injury (ankle), he had no TDs, 3 picks, and two lost fumbles.

Now... I'll be the first to say, of what I have seen of The Golden Calf of Bristol's mechanics, he looks shaky. But some say he's improved them quite a bit.

IDK for sure though, and it's not really my fight, and don't really give a crap what Fox does or doesn't do. But I know as long as Fox is the head coach, The Golden Calf of Bristol won't get a fair shot.

Archived