• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com Peppers/Patriots *possible* update

PantherExpress

I don't know, I just feel that even a high second rounder would be a rip-off. Throw in Ty Warren in addition to the second rounder and DT looks a little less bleak and this deal looks a little bit sweeter.

I could POSSIBLY see them doing something with Jarvis Green, but not Ty. And I think if they would do that (and I don't think it's likely) they would want a pick form Carolina too. I do think either of those guys could help a bunch @ DE. Jarvis has more 4-3 experience though (he's usually the guy they put in @ DE when they use a 4-3 while Warren is their base 3-4 LDE). I don't think it's supposed to be a good year for 3-4 DEs in the draft so I really think that no other player will be involved.

I don't know, I just feel that even a high second rounder would be a rip-off. Throw in Ty Warren in addition to the second rounder and DT looks a little less bleak and this deal looks a little bit sweeter.

i'm not crazy about just the pick either. it's better than nothing but still....he's worth more than that to both organizations. add in a DT or another day one pick and i'd feel a little better but still we would be getting taken advantage of.

btw...peppers saying he doesn't want to do anything that would hurt the panthers...this would. if he and his agent can work out something better to offer the panthers from the pats or whoever, he needs to do it.

"But one of the things (the Patriots) are looking at is the fact that, in passing situations, they can have Peppers up front with (Richard) Seymour and (Jarvis) Green. That makes it easier for them to take (nose tackle Vince) Wilfork out of the game in (passing situations) and just play him on running downs."

Well the beauty of it is, it's an early second round pick, so we still get a good prospect, without having to fork over the big bucks. I wouldn't mind if this happened, it would be nice for this mess to be over with, and his 17 million dollar salary would be off our hands.

My guess is it wouldn't be JUST the one 2nd round pick. More likely, it would also include at least one other pick, probably another one of their 2nd's. However, if that is all we get, then it is really an indictment of how the rest of the league values Peppers. Not to mention, it would show how ready the Panthers are to get rid of him.

Archived