• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers, No Problem.

chknwing

I bet 95% of Pep's haters are still Chris Harris fans, even though Harris was a more vocal opposition to some of the Panthers' moves at times...

I still love them both for what they bring to the game of football... Most Panthers fans are too young to appreciate that, and Chicago couldn't be a better place for both of them...

...and you wonder why people portray Panthers fans as wine and cheesers...

Sorry my loyalities to a player stops once they rape a team for $19 million for one season and bad mouth the team when they sign with another. Peppers is an ahole. Always will be in my book. I've seen him walk right by a kid in a wheel chair screaming his name for an autograph.

Peppers was never a distraction here.....he just wanted out.

Look at the suggestive comments Steve Smith has said in recent weeks about the former guys running this show.......how can you blame Peppers for wanting out of the Fox era?

You wanted out of it ....didn't you? Pep had means to get out and did, he made a career/business move.

I never liked Peppers but to deny this is a bit on the ridiculous side. Name 5 better DE's....

See this is where we run into an issue. I feel Pep is overrated as a pass rushing DE, and am bound to list a nice bounty of players who I would take over him as a pass rushing DE.

Pep could be a great player as an OLB in a 3-4, but like I said, I just don't think he comes anywhere to close to his reputation as the dominant pass rushing DE people make him out to be.

Julius is killin it up in Chitown, but I do feel good that this team is not unaware of his capabilities. Gross is as good as he is because he was lined up across form Peppers for years in practice. If anybody knows how to handle Pep, it would have to be Gross...

I do think our O-line is much better than theirs, we should be able to get a lead and keep it. Tillman is a decent corner, but Smitty should be able to get the better of him. I dont know how LaFell or Naannee will do against their #2, but it was said earlier, Shockey & Olsen should have a field day...

I heard a stat last week that Forte is, or was before yesterday, 60% of their offense. He will prol'ly gash us a couple of times, Knox is a decent WR gotta watch for him too. Hester can get deep but his hands are iffy, and do not punt his way. I think the jury is still out on Marion barber...

It will be a good game regardless, but I think our Panthers can pull this one out if Cam can throw just a little lower....

He was the best 4-3 DE in the NFL last year. Claiming otherwise is just being a butthurt fan.

:lol:

I won't listen to your facts, Pep is great i tell you! And if you don't accept that, you just don't like Peppers!!

Are you a Tarheel fan or something? Never understood the fanatical love people had for him.

See this is where we run into an issue. I feel Pep is overrated as a pass rushing DE, and am bound to list a nice bounty of players who I would take over him as a pass rushing DE.

Pep could be a great player as an OLB in a 3-4, but like I said, I just don't think he comes anywhere to close to his reputation as the dominant pass rushing DE people make him out to be.

Lol what? Do you watch football?

:lol:

I won't listen to your facts, Pep is great i tell you! And if you don't accept that, you just don't like Peppers!!

Are you a Tarheel fan or something? Never understood the fanatical love people had for him.

Peppers was the best 4-3 DE last year in the NFL.....I would say that 2010 was his best year of his career in terms of overall performance (and he has an impressive resume).

Not a tarheel fan. Hate em. But Peppers dominated in ways last year we can only hope Charles Johnson will evolve to this year. Pep was simply fun to watch last year......he took games over. (rarely saw that here in Carolina but he did it last year.....and when you take over and disrupt a game it doesn't always show on the stats sheet either).

I realize Pep is a busniess man....and he wanted out of what Fox was doing. He caused no issues here and played out his contract. I don't hate him and downplay him for that. That also doesn't mean he was flawed here or isn't to this day.

You can argue whether or not Peppers deserves criticism for only playing hard when he wants to. But regardless, when he really does want to, he's a force to be reckoned with.

Against his old team, and a place he left without a farewell parade, I think it's safe to say he's gonna have a fair amount of "want to".

Archived