• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers, No Problem.

chknwing

Bears Peppers>Panthers Peppers

What he was or did doesnt matter bc he's a beast now. I wish he played for the panthers like he plays for the bears. Oh and I hate UNC.

Yes, that's true, but I still don't believe he's on the level of the Top 5. He's Top 10, but not 5.

It's funny how similar this situation is to the Michael Vick saga.

Michael Vick Goes to Atl.

Becomes beloved by the fanbase for being an iconic player who Atl fans feel is the best in the league.

While the rest of the league views Michael Vick as good, they don't view him as highly as Atl fans do.

Michael Vick eventually winds up in Phi, of his own accord.

Atl fanbase resents ownership anyways, and wishes harm against their own team when vick comes to town.

Michael Vick is a better player than he was, but still not on the level of the Brady's, Rodgers..

Julius Peppers goes to Car

becomes beloved by the fanbase for being an iconic player who Car fans feel is the best in the league

While the rest of the league views Peppers as good, they don't view him as highly as Car fans do.

Julius Peppers eventually winds up in Chicago, of his own accord.

Car fanbase resents ownership anyways, and wishes harm against their own team when Peppers' comes to town.

Julius Peppers is a better player than he was, but still not on the level of Tuck's, Allen's.

And of course, Matt Ryan and Charles Johnson fill the same role.

your full of it if you think cole and freeney are close or better then pep, i mean there good and all but freeney is nothing but a pass rusher and cole? really?

only person who comes close to peppers is prob ware

Trent Cole is considered by some to be the best DE in the league. Brewski even posted an article a few pages back discussing it.

Freeney is the best pass rusher of the past decade.

You need to take off your Carolina blue colored glasses my friend.

Honestly the fact that you just downplayed cole speaks to just how knowledgeable about DE's outside of Carolina you are. That is expected from our fanbase though. This fanbase defended Fox for years because they weren't paying attention to how other team's were being run. It's the same principle.

Yes, that's true, but I still don't believe he's on the level of the Top 5. He's Top 10, but not 5.

It's funny how similar this situation is to the Michael Vick saga.

Michael Vick Goes to Atl.

Becomes beloved by the fanbase for being an iconic player who Atl fans feel is the best in the league.

While the rest of the league views Michael Vick as good, they don't view him as highly as Atl fans do.

Michael Vick eventually winds up in Phi, of his own accord.

Atl fanbase resents ownership anyways, and wishes harm against their own team when vick comes to town.

Michael Vick is a better player than he was, but still not on the level of the Brady's, Rodgers..

Julius Peppers goes to Car

becomes beloved by the fanbase for being an iconic player who Car fans feel is the best in the league

While the rest of the league views Peppers as good, they don't view him as highly as Car fans do.

Julius Peppers eventually winds up in Chicago, of his own accord.

Car fanbase resents ownership anyways, and wishes harm against their own team when Peppers' comes to town.

Julius Peppers is a better player than he was, but still not on the level of Tuck's, Allen's.

And of course, Matt Ryan and Charles Johnson fill the same role.

Yeah panther fans are the only ones who thought he was the best, guess thats why he was/is the highest paid DE in the league right?

Theres lots of good DEs in this league, but you don't think peppers is top 5?

but you think justin tuck is?

Trent Cole is considered by some to be the best DE in the league. Brewski even posted an article a few pages back discussing it.

Freeney is the best pass rusher of the past decade.

You need to take off your Carolina blue colored glasses my friend.

Honestly the fact that you just downplayed cole speaks to just how knowledgeable about DE's outside of Carolina you are. That is expected from our fanbase though. This fanbase defended Fox for years because they weren't paying attention to how other team's were being run. It's the same principle.

Yes im such a homer, and i know NOTHING except for what the panthers do?

get out of here dude, trent cole? really? when you have better ones to choose from like

DeMarcus Ware

Mario Williams

Abraham

and ill even give u freeney, even tho he is nothing but a pass rusher and he has mathis to take double teams as well

and theres alot of 3-4 OLB who are better then trent cole/tuck with there hand in the ground lmao.

Matthews

Dumervil

Harrison

Orakpo

just to name a few

Yes im such a homer, and i know NOTHING except for what the panthers do?

get out of here dude, trent cole? really? when you have better ones to choose from like

DeMarcus Ware

Mario Williams

Abraham

and ill even give u freeney, even tho he is nothing but a pass rusher and he has mathis to take double teams as well

and theres alot of 3-4 OLB who are better then trent cole/tuck with there hand in the ground lmao.

Matthews

Dumervil

Harrison

Orakpo

just to name a few

DeMarcus Ware and Mario Williams are OLB's, Derp McDerpson.

Additionally, i've already listed Williams as a better DE, when he is in that position.

if you wanna start listing OLB's as pass rushers in the conversation with Peppers, you're opening up a whole new can of worms and julius is going to fall even farther. i purposely ignored 3-4 OLB's to begin with so there would be an even playing field, but adding them to the conversation drops Pepper's even farther. You aren't helping your argument.

DeMarcus Ware and Mario Williams are OLB's, Derp McDerpson.

Additionally, i've already listed Williams as a better DE, when he is in that position.

if you wanna start listing OLB's as pass rushers in the conversation with Peppers, you're opening up a whole new can of worms and julius is going to fall even farther. i purposely ignored 3-4 OLB's to begin with so there would be an even playing field, but adding them to the conversation drops Pepper's even farther. You aren't helping your argument.

Sorry i had to add them in because there is hardly any DEs that compare to Peppers, And DeMarcus Ware and Williams both are a hand in the dirt OLB by the way.

Exactly my point.

In Carolina, for whatever reason, though paid millions of $$s, he played when he wanted to play. He still does.

The Panthers can win the ball game Sunday and they can handle Julius, lesser teams have done it.

Jared Allen shows up in every game per Panther fans unlike Peppers....b/c Beason tweeted about him.

Did anyone watch Allen last year.......he would go entire games and you wouldn't even know he was on the field. It happens to all 4-3 DEs.

All Cat'sGrowl has proven in this thread is that he has a strong baseless opinion, sticks to it, and pulls out a "herp derp" at times where it doesn't even belong other than his own mind...

Basically, I didn't say anything about him being native to NC, or anything else he said I said...

lol, no wonder I stopped posting in the Panthers forums when jackasses like him came aboard...

Archived