• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donny Avery Working out with Panthers tommorow

Sword

I like that we are looking. I don't understand what about Rivera doesn't like about LaFell, but I like this workout. Let's see what happens.

why does it have to be about lafell?

apparently they are looking for someone to line up as the x receiver. that ain't lafell.

With the style of QB that Newton is, your best choices for receivers tend to be either very tall guys with great body control (essentially Greg Olsen in a wide receiver's frame) or super speedsters who can blow past people and always have at least one step on their coverage in case they have to adjust a little.

Avery falls under the second category. The big question though is how much speed he's receivered rehabbing from his injury.

Legudu always seems a little off, everytime Newton hits him he's not open or where he's supposed to be, I believe he's not running the routes well.

Naanee's big, and reasonably fast, but he doesn't get open consistently and has the body control of a toddler still learning to walk when he goes up for passes. That doesn't really work in our attack.

Archived