• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

mcdermmott's thoughts on the defense

rayzor

one of the benefits of the new coaching regime is that the OCs are allowed to talk to the press. steve reed is capitalizing on this and has a couple new columns as a result. one for mcdermmott and another for chud.

pretty good reads.

excerpt:

Q. Greg Hardy, when he showed up here last year, you could just tell he looked the part even though he was a sixth rounder. Can you talk about his potential because it seems like it might be through the roof?

McDERMOTT: It is. You hit the nail on the head. Potential is a great word for Greg. Just coming in last year and not knowing Greg and what I heard coming in last year is he had a good rookie year but had a lot of room for improvement. But I think Greg would be the first to tell you that. To his credit he’s had a great start to his sophomore season, if you will, and that comes from hard work and attention to detail. He’s done a great job with it.”

Q. With Jon out you’re having James Anderson call the plays in the huddle. How is he handling that role?

McDERMOTT: He’s been phenomenal. He’s been the key to our defense in terms of the huddle call and the communication and the leadership. He is a guy who has experience and he has been the glue to our defense. He’s gotten us lined up and in and out of the huddle and into coverages and my hat goes off to him.

q. Jon beason and thomas davis both came over to the hotel on saturday night to talk with some of the younger linebackers even though they didn’t have to. What were thoughts on that?

mcdermott: That took my breath away. It really did. They don’t have to do that. I mean you talk about your leaders, well those are your leaders. Those are guys that just love to be around. I had a couple of words with thomas before the game and after the game and jon in the condition he’s in had to watch it from home, but those guys are an inspiration to all of us because they love to play and love to be around the locker room and i think that has a trickle down affect to the rest of the team.”

Archived