• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How was holding not called on Devin Hester's record punt return?

Eazy-E

I did not watch any highlights or anything up until a few minutes ago because that loss stung pretty bad. After seeing the return it looks like there was a blatant hold on Captain. I think it was number 35 Zack Bowman for the bears who was holding.

Did anyone else catch that?

Yep very obvious. Its what allowed Hester to do what he did. Same reason there were no helmet to helmet hits on Smitty called. The fix was in.

IF they called every single holding call or block in the back every punt would be called back. poo happens. I'm over it and ready to beat those fugstick Saints on sunday.

True, but holding is almost always called when a guy is hooked out in the open on a punt. It was pretty obvious on that play with Captain. It was pretty blatant that I could even see it on tv live when it happened.

True, but holding is almost always called when a guy is hooked out in the open on a punt. It was pretty obvious on that play with Captain. It was pretty blatant that I could even see it on tv live when it happened.

Peppers was held pretty blatantly when coming up on Cam's blindside as well....and there was no flag.

Can't get them all...

Archived