• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kirwan on NFL annual meeting

carpanfan96

Link

Didn't see it posted yet, and considering I thought two of the items mentioned were interesting I'll post those two. If you want to read the rest you can click the link.

4. Time to compete, Tyler

When I talked with new Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley, he was quick to point out that he called Tyler Thigpen and told him not to surrender the starting quarterback job to recently acquired Matt Cassel. Haley said: "Check my history. The best guy will play."

5. First-round grades will be few

The more I talked with personnel directors, the more I realized that most teams will not have 32 players with a first-round grade when the evaluation process is over. It appears closer to 20 to 25 guys will receive a first-round grade. That makes the top 10 picks of the second round very interesting, and a number of teams really want to get there.

12. Peppers might stay a Panther

I have the feeling the Carolina Panthers aren't going to give away defensive end Julius Peppers. They will expect top compensation in a trade or they will keep him with the franchise tag. They could tag Peppers again next year if they had to, and if there wasn't a salary cap, it would be expensive but not impossible. I also have the feeling that Peppers isn't totally determined to leave Carolina.

Its not wether or not he wants to be here but if he stays will the fans fogive and forget or make life miserable for him

No need to forgive or forget here, I will be the same frustrated fan as I have been the past several seasons with Pep. Sure, go ahead and start all the flaming - but I havent been the huge Peppers fan as I was earlier in his career.

Peppers will do enough, again, to pile up some stats and show that he can "still play". He will do just enough to hope for a trade next season and not reach his potential here again. :rolleyes5:

I hope the Panthers can end up with a nice trade for picks, and use those plus the saved money to restock on the defense.

you guys never seem to amaze me. "Pep will just pile up enough stats to prove he can still play". I forgot this is just pop warner and its so easy to get 14.5 sacks. And since 2003 hes either tied for the league lead in sacks or is second, and one of those years he only had 2.5. But then again this guy quits on plays and doesnt try.

don't you believe that an organization like the Panthers who will not touch people with character issues or suspends its best player for two games in the beginning of the season on a make and break year for the head coach and gm, would say something or get rid of Peppers if he just quit on plays. We had no problem letting Kris Jenkins go for less than what he was worh, the Big Cat had no problem releasing Kerry Collins. I just dont get the fans of Carolina and maybe I never will. NY fans got over strahan wanting out and Bears fans got over Briggs wanting out, and Bengals fans got over Ocho Cinco asking out, and I am sure Bronco fans will forgive Cutler in a second. But once again I forgot that Carolina Panther fans are too high maintnence when it comes to Julius Peppers and will not forgive him if he comes back. This guys mayb be the most athletic player to step on the field in our life time and quite possibly may be the best bet for the first Panther in the Hall of Fame. I know Delhommey said he would forgive Peppers after his first sack but unfortunately fans like him are in the minority in Carolina. I dont know quite honestly fans in Carolina will always me an enigma to me :mad2:

you guys never seem to amaze me. "Pep will just pile up enough stats to prove he can still play". I forgot this is just pop warner and its so easy to get 14.5 sacks. And since 2003 hes either tied for the league lead in sacks or is second, and one of those years he only had 2.5. But then again this guy quits on plays and doesnt try.

don't you believe that an organization like the Panthers who will not touch people with character issues or suspends its best player for two games in the beginning of the season on a make and break year for the head coach and gm, would say something or get rid of Peppers if he just quit on plays. We had no problem letting Kris Jenkins go for less than what he was worh, the Big Cat had no problem releasing Kerry Collins. I just dont get the fans of Carolina and maybe I never will. NY fans got over strahan wanting out and Bears fans got over Briggs wanting out, and Bengals fans got over Ocho Cinco asking out, and I am sure Bronco fans will forgive Cutler in a second. But once again I forgot that Carolina Panther fans are too high maintnence when it comes to Julius Peppers and will not forgive him if he comes back. This guys mayb be the most athletic player to step on the field in our life time and quite possibly may be the best bet for the first Panther in the Hall of Fame. I know Delhommey said he would forgive Peppers after his first sack but unfortunately fans like him are in the minority in Carolina. I dont know quite honestly fans in Carolina will always me an enigma to me :mad2:

He's tied for second with Dwight Freeny for the most sacks since 2002 - 2003 season with 70.5 sacks. Jason Taylor is the leader with 80.

I agree with you 100% that if Peppers comes back then he needs to sign a deal, but if he does I would welcome him back in a second. Without Peppers we have the worst d-line in the league. This guy is a freak of nature and we take him for granted. It still amazes me how he had 14.5 sacks with no one else on the line and people say he doesnt try. How many sacks do you want this guy to get!! 30?!

I agree with you 100% that if Peppers comes back then he needs to sign a deal, but if he does I would welcome him back in a second. Without Peppers we have the worst d-line in the league. This guy is a freak of nature and we take him for granted. It still amazes me how he had 14.5 sacks with no one else on the line and people say he doesnt try. How many sacks do you want this guy to get!! 30?!

20 - 25 is a common middle ground and sounds good to me. :rolleyes:

winning covers a multitude of sins.

if we are winning and peppers is sacking and not sucking, then the fan base will overlook peppers desire to leave and cheer for him just like anyone else wearing a panthers uni. fans of all teams are fickle like that. they just want to win an will cheer for anyone helping that happen.

i wouldn't expect to get an autograph at training camp, though. he'll remember what people said about it but i doubt he will be as pissy as fatty jenks was his last TC. he'll just ignore everyone.

Actually, I think he would have been traded by now if Rosenhaus was his agent. He gets his players what they want.

I don't have a problem with Pep wanting to move on as that is every player's right as a FA, but I don't like what was said publicly by him and his agent. So I can cheer for him, but I won't feel the same about him. I am suuuure he is ever so heartbroken by my opinion. :D

Archived