• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Rushing TD Season Record

Kettle

We all know that Cam will eventually take the record for rookies since he tied it with his seventh this past week, but what do you think about him breaking the overall record? Can he do it?

Steve Grogan of the 1976 Patriots holds that with 12. I say yes.

I Dunna. I think they might start using stew more at the goalline to protect Cam.

They've already started doing so, but Cam got the one this week from around 20 yards out. That's why I say yes. He can gain as much as 30 yards with the way he runs.

I honestly think that using Cam in goal line situations was an effort not only to utilize his unique skill set, but to get him comfortable with being in the end zone. I think in some cases this stat speaks to a lack of trust in his arm inside the 20's from the play calling. Do not get me wrong I think his success has been awesome down there, but eventually I would like to see these goal line chances turned into TD passes to make our offense more diverse. If defenses know we're going to run it every time, be it Stew or Williams or Cam, then they're going to eventually be able to stop it.

We wanted him to get some confidence and play with some swagger, now that he has that (as if he ever didn't have that), we can now try to get the ball into the end zone through the air and get our WR and TE some much deserved love down there.

In short, I hope he doesn't get the QB record because I hope he throws TD's inside the five yard line and starts racking up that way. I don't want to hear that he can't do it. He makes accurate throws all over the field. Trust his arm, coaches. He'll get it done.

Archived