• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk about turnovers

Snake

the best way to make up for having terrible personnel on defense due to injuries is to force turnovers using a variety of schemes...and we have failed to do that. A pooty defense can look great if it just relies on forcing turnovers.

I realize they got injuries....but the D is too vanilla. Guys are getting abused playing vanilla....might as well start gambling a little and getting creative.

I realize they got injuries....but the D is too vanilla. Guys are getting abused playing vanilla....might as well start gambling a little and getting creative.

I think this is a big problem. Yes we are sending blitzes but we are still very Vanilla. The 3-4 has added some diversity and I hope they expand on it. Yes our DTs suck and our LBs are not elite but we need to play smart and confuse some QBs. Respectively we have two DCs that were 3rd in the league(Eagles) and 14th in the League(Chargers). So the coaches know how to play for turnovers.

I think this is a big problem. Yes we are sending blitzes but we are still very Vanilla. The 3-4 has added some diversity and I hope they expand on it. Yes our DTs suck and our LBs are not elite but we need to play smart and confuse some QBs. Respectively we have two DCs that were 3rd in the league(Eagles) and 14th in the League(Chargers). So the coaches know how to play for turnovers.

Sunday was pathetic.....Ponder had trouble handing the ball of and knowing plays. We had him 3rd and long all day.....then the D would play vanilla on 3rd and long and Ponder would just toss it to a wide open player in the middle of the field.

thats what I'm saying...I think we need to get creative with our schemes since we can't rely on individuals to make plays.

Sunday was pathetic.....Ponder had trouble handing the ball of and knowing plays. We had him 3rd and long all day.....then the D would play vanilla on 3rd and long and Ponder would just toss it to a wide open player in the middle of the field.

TBH our whole team seemed to go Vanilla in the second half. IDK what RR was thinking but it did effect us in a bad way. I hope he sees the error in his ways and is more aggressive next time. Our DTs are bad and we have to compensate for that on every play not just on the 1st two downs. We have to force teams to our CBs and not allow them to eat us up in the middle of the defense.

Another thread where we put the blame on the defense while completely ignoring the other side of the ball.

Does offense giving up turn-overs count in this discussion? If not could you guys do the rest of us a favor and please put in the title: defense only.

Because turnovers is a two way street and I wanna make sure I never enter another thread that's going to end up being about blaming one side of the team, the wrong side of the team, who's causing the least problem in an area.

Another thread where we put the blame on the defense while completely ignoring the other side of the ball.

Does offense giving up turn-overs count in this discussion? If not could you guys do the rest of us a favor and please put in the title: defense only.

Because turnovers is a two way street and I wanna make sure I never enter another thread that's going to end up being about blaming one side of the team, the wrong side of the team, who's causing the least problem in an area.

Who's blaming? We are only discussing how turnovers effect the game and how we need to find a way to make more. So if you dont like that GTFO, No one made you open this thread.

Now back on topic. I think some of the reason we have had trouble with turnovers is because our defense has been blitzing and its now being picked up. Sunday the Vikings O-line was knocking our guys back and even making Johnson look avg. When we blitzed they picked it up and Ponder got it to the TE. Whatever the reason pressure was not working and he still had time to make good throws.

Archived