• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prediction for the Denver game

hepcat

This is your classic look ahead game. They just came off a huge high against Tampa on MNF and have the GMen next Sunday night on primetime. 2 Primetime games sandwiched by this game vs a playoff bound Denver team. Denver has put their 6th RB on IR, so they will be airing it out all day. Denver will get a huge lead early, negating the Panthers running attack. This is the Panthers biggerst weakness on defense (see KLucas). My prediction:

Panthers 17

Broncos 42

The stadium will be completely empty at the start of the 4th quarter.

We have been behind before at home early and have always come back. No team has scored 30 against us at home let alone 42 and teams like NO and Arizona have better passing attacks than Denver. We have also averaged almost 30 at home this year. So your score prediction could be true if it the other way around. But there is no way we overlook this game or come out unprepared. I expect a back and forth game but honestly Denver won't stop the run and will be torched in the air if they put 9 in the box. Smitty is still better than any receiver Denver has and our secondary as bad as it has been still have more passes defended than the denver secondary.

Cutler is elusive and smart but I suspect if we get pressure on him like Oakland did, he will not throw for 300 yards unless many of them are junk yards at the end of the game like we gave up to Garcia. He threw for 204 yards against Oakland and we give up roughly 20 yards more than Oakland does through the air.

Archived