• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Armanti Edwards Progression Thread

pdandy1994

Of course, cause this board is filled with know it all "fans" who say the sky is falling every time we have a bad game, and everybody on our team sucks

trying to start a positive thread and it gets shot down, thats pathetic.

Ummm what? You said he was showing improvement but like I said before, he is 51st in the NFL in PR yards.He might not be worth a roster spot but he defintly isn't worth a 2nd... Sorry if the truth hurts your feelings though.

Unless the Panthers draft a legitimate dynamic punt returner, Armanti will have one more year next season to prove himself. Well, I forgot about Brandon Hogan. He may be given the opportunity to steal the job. Whoever it is, it won't be all on them. The whole punt return unit needs to get their act together. Better protection and blocking is going to be needed. Hopefully they can get it together.

hahaha, First year actually returning punts and hes yet to fumble or make ANY mistakes

But because he's not as good as the 4-5 people who can actually return non-fluke punts back for TDs he doesn't deserve to be on any NFL team?

Lets not forget his first year compared to this year, he improved enormously sooo i HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt he will not be playing for a NFL team next year.

Ummm what? You said he was showing improvement but like I said before, he is 51st in the NFL in PR yards.He might not be worth a roster spot but he defintly isn't worth a 2nd... Sorry if the truth hurts your feelings though.

he is ranked 27th actually, on considered the worst special teams by far.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStats?div=NFL&table=returning&stat=retPuntAvg&sortType=nfl-player-stats-punt-returning&dir=descending#top

I think he has shown some improvement this year. My feeling is that he needs to break one or two before the season ends or he'll be replaced next year.

there two people who have returned more then 1 punt for a touch down this year.

One holds the record for most PR TDs in a season (Hester) and the other one is a rookie who has proven him self to be the next Hester.

I'm an App graduate and I love Armanti for everything he has done for ASU, but I don't understand the love he gets from some Panther fans. It was a bad decision for us to draft him where we did, let alone to trade up. I always thought his best quality in college was slipping through tackles. Note I didn't say breaking tackles, but slipping. He never ran over anyone, but just kinda side stepped them. That is a very hard quality to translate from FCS to the NFL.

He has shown improvement from last year. I think he looks much more comfortable fielding punts, but in reality he isn't a threat for a big return. I hate people saying he is a bust, sucks and whatever else because I have so much respect for him, but if I wasn't an App guy I would probably being saying the same thing.

Archived