• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Invasion of privacy?

Johnny Rockets

Girl/guy you have been seeing for a couple of months in a casual way but is beginning to get a bit more serious leaves their FB page open while they go make a phone call. Is it OK to click on the "message" button out of curiousity to see what if anything might be lurking "behind the scenes"?

What if it is your spouse or significant other that you are in a long termed, commited relationship with?

tbqh I am torn on this...

In one respect, if you're banging someone, then you've basically been invited into their private life...

At the same time, there are things that still remain "theirs" and not yours... and I suppose this information would fall under that umbrella...

If you don't have the password, then I wouldn't pry...

If you've got a doubt about their loyalty/motives, then there is probably a good reason for it...

In my opinion, the moment a person clicks on Messages they have violated another's privacy in the situation. It isn't your mail, don't open it.

Granted if they have anything damning in there then that's on them for letting major stuff out on FB.

I've booted several friends out for doing that. It's disrespectful and at the core of it, it isn't there's to be doing that. At the very least try to open it in another window or tab so that they can't click Forward and catch you! :lol:

Archived