• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Expect To See More Hogan

chknwing

Did a great job jamming the Texan's receiver off the line...took him straight out of bounds...resulted in the illegal touching call.

Here is the question, was he supposed to play the short zone and have help deep or was he smart enough to know that Walter went out of bounds and he did not have to worry about him any longer on the field of play?

Here is the question, was he supposed to play the short zone and have help deep or was he smart enough to know that Walter went out of bounds and he did not have to worry about him any longer on the field of play?

Why can't it be both of those things? He was playing a short zone, had help deep, and was smart enough to jam his WR out of bounds and went back to his short zone.

Why can't it be both of those things? He was playing a short zone, had help deep, and was smart enough to jam his WR out of bounds and went back to his short zone.

I do not have the option to watch the play again so I do not know if they were in man or zone. If it were man it would explain why he did not have help when Walter caught the "touchdown". It would also mean he was smart enough to not chase him after he stepped out of bounds, Hogan realized Walter was ineligible so he turned his attention to the rest of the play.

If he was supposed to play a short zone where was the safety help deep? Did Hogan play the wrong coverage?

I want to believe that he had a great jam and used his football IQ to recognize what he did and then moved on to try and make an impact somewhere else on the field. If someone can watch the replay we might be able to figure out the answer from his body language after the play and before the ruling.

I do not have the option to watch the play again so I do not know if they were in man or zone. If it were man it would explain why he did not have help when Walter caught the "touchdown". It would also mean he was smart enough to not chase him after he stepped out of bounds, Hogan realized Walter was ineligible so he turned his attention to the rest of the play.

If he was supposed to play a short zone where was the safety help deep? Did Hogan play the wrong coverage?

I want to believe that he had a great jam and used his football IQ to recognize what he did and then moved on to try and make an impact somewhere else on the field. If someone can watch the replay we might be able to figure out the answer from his body language after the play and before the ruling.

this.

he played it smart. i got pissed when i first watched it and thought he blew it, but then watching it again, you could see he knew exactly what he was doing because he was even trying to draw attention to the refs after the catch that walter went out.

he knew what he was doing.

this.

he played it smart. i got pissed when i first watched it and thought he blew it, but then watching it again, you could see he knew exactly what he was doing because he was even trying to draw attention to the refs after the catch that walter went out.

he knew what he was doing.

This is great news, I really look forward to him getting snaps in the next two games. The coaching staff really needs to evaluate him going to the draft, it would be a huge mistake to miss this opportunity.

Can't remember who it was but somebody (a teammate) came over to Hogan and seemed to be getting on to him, which leads me to believe that he thought Hogan blew the coverage. This would lead you to believe that he had the receiver the whole way in man but when Hogan realized that he forced him out of bounds he played heads-up football and moved on from the ineligible receiver.

Archived