• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JaMarcus Russell supposedly fires back at Cam Newton

Car123

My feeling is that I don't really care that Cam brought it up, but by doing so he did give license for Russell to respond... and I can understand why Russell wouldn't be all too happy with the remarks.

He NEVER brought it up. He was asked the question...Like WTH...

The media made it their business to link Cam to those two through out the draft. What is with you folks?

Russell should have been pissed when the predominately white media was using him as a stigma to what's wrong with black QBs...But no, he rather take his anger out on the black QB who had to endure the ridicule and stereotyping because of his behavior when he was given a chance to prove himself. He and you need to wake up...

Please remind me again why was Cam constantly linked to Jamacurs when they only thing they had in common was the color of their skin if none of it was simply race baiting? And as usual, Jamarcus took the bait...SMFH

The media made it their business to link Cam to those two through out the draft. What is with you folks?

Russell should have been pissed when the predominately white media was using him as a stigma to what's wrong with black QBs...But no, he rather take his anger out on the black QB who had to endure the ridicule and stereotyping because of his behavior when he was given a chance to prove himself. He and you need to wake up...

Please remind me again why was Cam constantly linked to Jamacurs when they only thing they had in common was the color of their skin if none of it was simply race baiting? And as usual, Jamarcus took the bait...SMFH

In an interview he said he didn't blame racism for the questions about him, he blamed Young and Russell. That is Cam bringing them up. As usual you have no idea what you are talking about.

Footballisasport I usually agree with you 99.9% of the time but I can't agree with you here. Cam was the one that took the bait during the interview. 1.) why do an interview with ESPN who has tried to attack you and your family none stop over the last year. 2.) Why fall for the old divide and conquer routine when it comes to the white media.

All Cam had to say was say that I am a different person then VY and JR and there should be no comparison. I am sure Moon had a talk with him after hearing about that interview. Look the media tried the same poo with Josh Freeman comparing him to JR. What did Freeman do? He told the media that he and JR are different people and the only thing they have in common are being big and black and that he is his own person and so is JR.

See all this stuff is all fun and good but you and I know that if Cam doesn't perform next year or he even gets so much as a speeding ticket over the summer ESPN and the rest of the media will be on his ass like wet on water. And they will be saying see I told you he is just like the rest (I.E. VY, JR and all the other black QBs that have failed).

Are you people this gullible? There is no way in hell JaMarcus Russell was able to write something that eloquent. The last time I saw him on TV was at the Sugar Bowl with Troy Smith a few years back. He could barely speak English when giving a sideline interview.

^^Russell's point right there in black and white...no pun.

Footballisasport I usually agree with you 99.9% of the time but I can't agree with you here. Cam was the one that took the bait during the interview. 1.) why do an interview with ESPN who has tried to attack you and your family none stop over the last year. 2.) Why fall for the old divide and conquer routine when it comes to the white media.

All Cam had to say was say that I am a different person then VY and JR and there should be no comparison. I am sure Moon had a talk with him after hearing about that interview. Look the media tried the same poo with Josh Freeman comparing him to JR. What did Freeman do? He told the media that he and JR are different people and the only thing they have in common are being big and black and that he is his own person and so is JR.

See all this stuff is all fun and good but you and I know that if Cam doesn't perform next year or he even gets so much as a speeding ticket over the summer ESPN and the rest of the media will be on his ass like wet on water. And they will be saying see I told you he is just like the rest (I.E. VY, JR and all the other black QBs that have failed).

Cam was asked if he thought race factored into him being criticized. Young and Russell were never even mentioned in the question.

I think everyone is missing the obvious: no matter what the context is, Cam feels that Russell and Young blew their chances with poor work ethics. As hard as he works, I wouldn't be surprised if he looked down on them anyways, race excluded.

Cam doesn't tolerate slackers, period.

Archived