• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2009 NFL Draft

Rags

Our worst draft ever?

Everette Brown - No longer on the team, currently on San Deigo Chargers

Sherrod Martin - Still on the team, Starting, is completely awful

Corvey Irvin- No longer on the team, currently on Jacksonville Jaguars

Mike Goodson- Still on the team, was benched then placed on IR, could be a starting caliber player but fumbles a lot

Tony Fiametta- No longer on the team, currently on the Dallas Cowboys

Duke Robinson- No longer on the team, currently a free agent.

Captain Munnerlyn- Currently on the team, was a starter before being placed on IR, pretty solid player, shouldn't be more than nickel

Not to mention trading our 2010 first round pick (the 17th overall pick) for two players currently doing nothing for the team/not on the team

has nothing to do with anything and I was doing research for a much more relevant thread I was going to make and noticed how bad we were this draft.

With that sad having as bad of a draft as we did that year and being as young as we are it's surprising we're a 6 win team.

Anyway discuss. Or don't. Whatever.

Our worst draft ever?

Mike Goodson- Still on the team, was benched then placed on IR, could be a starting caliber player but fumbles a lot

Captain Munnerlyn- Currently on the team, was a starter before being placed on IR, pretty solid player, shouldn't be more than nickel

Not to mention trading our 2010 first round pick (the 17th overall pick) for two players currently doing nothing for the team/not on the team

has nothing to do with anything and I was doing research for a much more relevant thread I was going to make and noticed how bad we were this draft.

With that sad having as bad of a draft as we did that year and being as young as we are it's surprising we're a 6 win team.

Anyway discuss. Or don't. Whatever.

I know everybody on this hate Martin thing now but I still think he gets another chance with a better front 7 next year. So wait on your judgement of him.

Everyting else is pretty on the money.

I know everybody on this hate Martin thing now but I still think he gets another chance with a better front 7 next year. So wait on your judgement of him.

Everyting else is pretty on the money.

our front 7 has nothing to due with constantly being out of position.

2010 wasn't all that great either

2011 outside of Cam looks pretty weak as well

last three drafts combined our only premier impact player has been using the #1 overall on Newton. thanks god we didn't wiff on that at least

Lafell and Gettis look solid from the 10 class. And Hardy could be anywhere from decent to good. Stafford has shined in moments when he gets a chance too.

it's way too early to say on the 11 class. Of course Cam has looked great, and hopes it stays that way, Pilares has had his moments, and McClain has looked okay at times (and a future probowler according to zod), Fua looks hella bad though.

2010 wasn't all that great either

2011 outside of Cam looks pretty weak as well

last three drafts combined our only premier impact player has been using the #1 overall on Newton. thanks god we didn't wiff on that at least

Exactly. I made a detailed post about our recent drafts and they look pretty weak. Which is why I think it's silly when people say Hurney drafts well.

Exactly. I made a detailed post about our recent drafts and they look pretty weak. Which is why I think it's silly when people say Hurney drafts well.

In the first round the man is solid. Has hit on all of them.

wish it could be said about rounds 2-7.

Our worst draft ever?

Captain Munnerlyn- Currently on the team, was a starter before being placed on IR, pretty solid player, shouldn't be more than nickel.

i dont know about worst, i would have to compare it to other drafts, but it did have some decent players. the HUGE mistake was trading a 1st rounder for Brown, that move was a risky and it wasnt worth it. Sherrod Martin is still here and while he's not great, i dont think he's the worst defensive player on this team. dont know what happened with Goodson, but i think he can play when healthy, Fiametta wasnt bad, but he wasnt really what Rivera wanted which is why he's gone and Munnerlyn in my book is a good 3rd cornerback, we need a good 2nd cornerback.

Archived