• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible new Panthers logo leaked from Nike

dbeat

Regardless of his opinion of it, the language of this post seems legit to me.

Now that it's leaked I can officially rant. I've stared in horror at this thing for a while. I was terribly disappointed when I got the first look. Many designers' quarrel with the last loo is how horribly drawn it was, and in my opinion this one is worse....

I can agree fully with most of you that it could have been done better, there are parts I like and parts that baffle me considering Nike's previous work that was amazing. The ears are wrong, whiskers are inconsistent and, the biggest thing that stands out is the right "lazy" eye that was lost...

I understand where they were going, and it's an excellent vision, but the execution just isn't there.

Can't wait for you guys to see the word mark....

Nope. Ugly as fug. Chin line is fuging retarded. It looks like a mean looney tune.

I agree with the above, the ideas for a more pronounced face and even eyes was a great idea but this looks like straight up garbage, like they are trying to hard. The changes should be more subtle.

Seriously though the new chin/jaw looks hideous and should not be blue if it stays.

I guess I like more serious/simple designs that don't look like arena football, college or a cartoonish kid design. It's going to be real hard to sport gear with that ugly poo all over it.

I'm gonna be nice.

To those saying "it's just gonna be for gloves" I want you to step back and see how stupid that sounds.

This isn't proof we are changing anything, but it's a pretty big piece of evidence.

As for the logo, it isn't terrible, but I hate the blue on the right side. Didn't like the mouth at first, but it isn't bad. I wont get used to the right side. It's too collegey. I think the best part is probably the update on the eyes.

This

Most of the people saying they hate it are just being overly reactionary. People said the same type of thing about the new Cardinals but a few years later it's undeniable it was a great improvement.

It's a tasteful and clean modernization of a logo that was stuck in the early 90s. I'm excited to see it on a helmet.

not a big modification and it's not all that different than the recent mods that were done.

just because it hasn't been officially announced doesn't mean it's not legit.

seems pretty believable or at least plausible to me.

panthers_new.png

btw...i'm not hating it.

Archived