• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wizards want Thomas for Blatche...

cdandi1

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-120203-04/nba-all-star-reserve-picks

The Wizards have been working hard to move disappointing forward Andray Blatche, but a calf injury expected to sideline the favorite target of D.C. boobirds for three to five weeks won't make it any easier. Sources close to the situation say that the Wizards had been trying to engage Charlotte on a Blatche-for-Tyrus Thomas swap. The Wizards would naturally prefer Boris Diaw and his expiring contract -- with the bonus of knowing that Diaw's passing eye could only give the wild Wiz a much-needed boost to their basketball IQ -- but the ever-thrifty Bobcats aren't about to take on the remaining three years (worth nearly $23 million) on Blatche's contract if Thomas' similarly hefty deal isn't headed the other way.

Blatche's contract is $6,442,083 per year for 4 years

Thomas' contract is $7,305,385 per year for 4 years

Their contracts are a wash...if we tossed in Boris' contract I would want either some kinda of pick or young player to sweeten the deal. The only young players worth it in my opinion are Young, Crawford, Vesely, of Singleton.

In past years I would say trading TT might hurt team chemistry for the future, but since more than half of these guys won't be on the team next year. I'd be more willing to do it.

Blatche is just having a rough year and he's still getting 10/7, when he's easily capable of a double/double.

Plus, he's never had major injury issues. Well except that whole thing about being shot and all.

I'd much rather keep TT around than Blatche and there's no way the Wiz would give up anything for Diaw

The article reads that they originally wanted Diaw, but the 'Cats wanted to dumb Thomas' contract if they were going to take on one similar (Blatche).

The article reads that they originally wanted Diaw, but the 'Cats wanted to dumb Thomas' contract if they were going to take on one similar (Blatche).

I meant anything of value. Of course they'd love to dump Blatche for Diaw but I don't think there's a GM in the league that's dumb enough to make that trade...

Archived