• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why are Panthers fans so obsessed with all black jerseys?

Car123

just to muddy/clarify the discussion....according to the NFL, teams are allowed to wear alt jerseys once in preseason and up to twice during the regular season (this is including the wearing of throwback jerseys).

because of the heat issue, they aren't likely to not have white as one of their standard jerseys....just like every other team in the league.

ftr, teams can wear their alt jerseys whenever they want in the playoffs.

I am usually a traditionalist, when it comes to unis, but I really dislike our blue jerseys. That color seems very 90s to me. It's fine as an accent color, but the blue jerseys are a bit ugly.

they changed the color of blue. it's a bit darker now. you'd have to assume that the alt jersey will reflect that.

I use to like/want all back uni's, but after watching the way the Ravens wear theirs, I hate them. They look like tights with no pads in them, and really hard to look at.

I noticed this as well. They looked like a bunch of top heavy ballerinas. I guess to kids growing up wearing those retarded skinny jeans, that looks "sick!"

I like all of the Panthers uniforms - the white look sleek and refined, the blue looks unique and the black looks intimidating - however, the Panthers wear the white road uniforms way too much. I think the sensible thing to do here is make the blue jersey the home and the black the alternate. Always wearing the road uniforms is so bad for branding. If you want the team to be noticeable, you cannot limit them to wearing a somewhat bland uniform. I'm sure if we all wrote to the Panthers and formed a petition we could actually change something here.

Archived