• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wake Forest.

Swan

So, is anyone here an alum of Wake Forest? At the moment, it's one of my top choices for college, so I just want input of the school. I'm from California and haven't had the chance to visit yet, but I'd like to hear first-hand experiences of the school.

Pre-Medicine. Community college is a very logical choice, but I think it's time for me to be on my own.

Wake has a very prestigious pre-med program, from what I've heard. The only con to Wake is the small student population. But hey, for a top-tier education? Totally worth it.

Winston-Salem native here, whom attends Chapel Hill now.

I lived in Winston for most of my life, therefore am pretty knowledgeable about Wake. The actual town of Winston isn't really that great for college life, but Wake Forest is like a separate community within Winston. I have a lot of good friends there and my ex-girlfriend goes there. If you have any specific questions about Wake or UNC you can PM me.

Good luck!

Grades: 4.4 GPA junior year. All AP/Honors.

SAT: 2100-something, forgot the exact number. Equates to a 32 ACT.

Various leadership, community service, etc.

Only regret is not preparing for the SAT earlier. I very much had the potential of scoring a 2200+, but hey, what's done is done.

for the fug of it and because I don't want to do my homework here is a quick pro cons list to Wake:

Pros:

-Small class size, will get to know your professors better- very beneficial down the road for recommendations etc, and if you have trouble in the class you can get more individual attention

-Community-this one may seem a little backwards, but since Wake is so small I always feel like its a fairly tight-knit community. Whenever I visit I always see at least one person I know walking around, yet its big enough that there is always someone new to meet

-Study Abroad- if you are interested in doing this, Wake has a fantastic study abroad program

-Education- they call it "Work Forest" for a reason, it is definitely challenging, but well worth the effort.

Cons

Winston-Salem- great place to raise a family, not so great of a college town. It by no means is in the middle of nowhere and while there is stuff to do, you won't be blown away with downtown Winston.

Price- granted this is the main reason I (an in-state residence) choose UNC. Wake is obviously quite expensive, while UNC has been the best deal in the country for years running.

I'll add a UNC one in a second

Archived