• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Greatest Band Ever From the Charlotte Area

Herbert The Love Bug

Concord band, The Avett Brothers have been my favorite band for the better part of the last decade. I used to watch them all the time in small bars around Concord and Charlotte(Double Door Inn, Amos, Fat City, the neighborhood theatre, George Washington Tavern) among many others. Over the past couple years they have blown up and become widely successful all over the globe. recently performing on the Grammys with Bob Dylan. It's so amazing to me because I grew up right down the road from their farm and have been around them my whole life. They are still so humble even though they are so successful. Two of the nicest guys I know. They don't drive expensive flashy cars or live in really nice house. They donate a good portion of their money to charity. When they aren't on the road they are busting their butts working hard on the farm. They will always take the time to talk to you if you run into them in public. I am just so happy for their success. They really deserve it. Scott is a graduate of East Carolina University and has an art Gallery in Brooklyn New York now. Scott and Seth can each play about any instrument and are so talented. Their music crosses so many genres. They have about 10 albums. Go buy/download them. They have a new album coming out this spring with over 20 songs on it.

They blew some minds on CMT artists of the Year. Including Taylor Swifts:

http://tasteofcountry.com/the-avett-brothers-laundry-room-2011-cmt-artists-of-the-year/

I wish I could get into them..I've tried...I just can't do it ..I know I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't like them..

I do like that one song...I and love and you..that's a great song

Don't worry I'm with ya

I want to like them cuz I try to support my local musicians as much as possible, but I just don't get it. They're a huge success though and you can't argue with that.

Plus they were a struggling metal band for years, so they're kinda the local story of hope.

Don't worry I'm with ya

I want to like them cuz I try to support my local musicians as much as possible, but I just don't get it. They're a huge success though and you can't argue with that.

Plus they were a struggling metal band for years, so they're kinda the local story of hope.

Agree as well...I've tried to and just can't get into it. But are you telling me that the Avett Brothers were a metal band at one time!!!??? How strange.

And to the original post....Someone needs to clarify if they are from Concord or Mt Pleasant. People I know in Concord stake claim to them but people I know in Mt Pleasant stake claim to them also.

I think there needs to be a Concord vs. Mt. Pleasant Avett Brother tug o war this spring at some tractor festival or something. I will make t-shirts someone bring pie.

Archived