• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayock hits all the Huddle sore spots; Luck vs. Newton, AJ, and Coples

teeray

You guys need to grow up.

The race card. Really? Really?

Idiots, the whole lot of you. "he doesn't like our qb as much as he likes another qb, he is racist" Grow up.

I don't think Mayock is even aware of what he is saying or how it comes across.

Stirs...what are reasons for questioning Cam's work ethic in 2012?

i'm waiting for an answer to my question directed at you....

What's the delay?

So Luck is good because he is just fugging that good.

Cam will only be good if applies psycho work ethic 24/7.

Got ya loud and clear Mayock.

I think Mayock has gone on record saying Cam's ceiling is higher than anyone he has ever seen.......and no one has ever had his potential and physical skill set.

He bets on Luck being a safer and has a better chance to reach his ceiling. His ceiling isn't as high as Cam's but Mayock feels more comfortable in Luck reaching his than Cam's......I get that.

I think Mayock has gone on record saying Cam's ceiling is higher than anyone he has ever seen.......and no one has ever had his potential and physical skill set.

He bets on Luck being a safer and has a better chance to reach his ceiling. His ceiling isn't as high as Cam's but Mayock feels more comfortable in Luck reaching his than Cam's......I get that.

But he questions his work ethic based on "gut feeling".

Or what I'd like to call deeply ingrained, sub-conscious stereotypes.

Funny how his gut isn't questioning other quarterbacks work ethic.

i'm waiting for an answer to my question directed at you....

Mayock said before the draft that Cam had off the chart physical attributes, but with his love for the camera and the icon thing, he worried that he would get caught up in the hype of being an NFL QB and rely on his God given abilities and be satisfied. He said a year ago the same thing, that the 2nd and 3rd year would tell the tale for Cam. Many people questioned Cams commitment to the game. Of course these guys are looking for anything that does not pass the smell test when they are getting ready to spend millions on them.

that is why they still must get something out of the interviews, wonderlics, etc.

Mayock hammers and praises tons of players, but when he questions Cam, it turns racial. Again, grow up. What you will see next week is more of the same. He just did a report on Coples and did not like but loved Brockers and Poe. All three are black. Please explain how a racist can love two black players and not love the third. I am certain the thought police here will come up with something.

hahahahaha

sure sure

that's why you're not answering...ok. When you do have some down time...maybe on a coffee break or perhaps instead of reading the drudge report... feel free to answer it at your leisure.

I however will be awaiting an answer and bumping this until I get one.

<<<<job is mr manager

tried answering your question a couple posts back. not sure what you want other than that, so "bump" away

This is exactly my point, I think Mayock's opinion is motivated by stereotypes that he may not even be aware he's applying.

This is the worst form of racism, because it's practiced unintentionally by otherwise good people.

Actually, the racism that is practiced intentionally by really bad people is worse.

Mayock said before the draft that Cam had off the chart physical attributes, but with his love for the camera and the icon thing, he worried that he would get caught up in the hype of being an NFL QB and rely on his God given abilities and be satisfied. He said a year ago the same thing, that the 2nd and 3rd year would tell the tale for Cam. Many people questioned Cams commitment to the game. Of course these guys are looking for anything that does not pass the smell test when they are getting ready to spend millions on them.

that is why they still must get something out of the interviews, wonderlics, etc.

Mayock hammers and praises tons of players, but when he questions Cam, it turns racial. Again, grow up. What you will see next week is more of the same. He just did a report on Coples and did not like but loved Brockers and Poe. All three are black. Please explain how a racist can love two black players and not love the third. I am certain the thought police here will come up with something.

The guys you are talking about have yet to prove themselves at the NFL level. Does he call into question Andy Daltons work ethic?

None of of what you posted that has anything to do with Cam's work ethic. While it could have been questioned by some (not I) last year it certainly cannot be still in 2012.

So what are the reasons this year?

He just did a report on Coples and did not like but loved Brockers and Poe. All three are black. Please explain how a racist can love two black players and not love the third. I am certain the thought police here will come up with something.

This counterpoint comes up every year.

BU HE SED PLAYUR X WERZ GOOD AND HEZ BLACK SO HOWERZ HIZ COMMENDS RACITS?

It's all about the QB. QB is a position in which white athletes have been predominant for a long time. One last bastion of white athletic supremacy. Black QBs come along and it's easier to label them athletic, and successful only because of their skillset and their athleticism and not their brains or personality.

Archived