• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayock hits all the Huddle sore spots; Luck vs. Newton, AJ, and Coples

teeray

Okay, let's forget the race thing... I don't know how you take a prospect over a proven (thus far) commodity?

Luck looks great, so did Leaf... doesn't matter how much you tear it up in college, I want to see what you can do in the NFL before I take you over a guy that threw for 4,000 yards as a rookie.

You guys need to grow up.

The race card. Really? Really?

Idiots, the whole lot of you. "he doesn't like our qb as much as he likes another qb, he is racist" Grow up.

I don't think Mayock is even aware of what he is saying or how it comes across.

Stirs...what are reasons for questioning Cam's work ethic in 2012?

This is exactly my point, I think Mayock's opinion is motivated by stereotypes that he may not even be aware he's applying.

This is the worst form of racism, because it's practiced unintentionally by otherwise good people.

Nobody in the business that Mayock, Kiper etc are in, call anyone a success until after their third season or so. Many guys have come into the league and had pretty good first seasons, Colt McCoy, Sanchez, etc but then do not continually develop and have turned into one trick ponies. Cam surpassed all expectations last season, but on this board alone, if he does not win the Super Bowl next year, you guys will jump off a building.

Anytime you have a player that is one year and out for most of his career, it will raise questions.

Is cam still black? Ok there are still work ethic questions. Is Luck still white and the next combo of elway/Marino/Montana rolled into one? Ok then the analysts will take him over a lazy black guy who relied simply on athletic ability to combine for 35 touchdowns and throw for over 4,000 yards in his rookie season. fug this noise.

Don't forget Cam hangs out with rappers at the club and drinks........H2O........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Before we went through the process and eventually drafted Cam I'll admit, I always thought the hate on black QBs was a little overhyped. Holy fug was I wrong. Keep on keeping on Cam and continue to prove these fools wrong.

Nobody in the business that Mayock, Kiper etc are in, call anyone a success until after their third season or so. Many guys have come into the league and had pretty good first seasons, Colt McCoy, Sanchez, etc but then do not continually develop and have turned into one trick ponies. Cam surpassed all expectations last season, but on this board alone, if he does not win the Super Bowl next year, you guys will jump off a building.

Anytime you have a player that is one year and out for most of his career, it will raise questions.

i'm waiting for an answer to my question directed at you....

The fact that you equate someone questioning an athlete's work ethic to being a racial remark proves only ONE thing....that you are likely a racist.

Cam's success WAS due to his unique skillset....and Chud's ability to really create a unique offense. Cam will have to continue to develop as a passer, because defense WILL adapt to some of the things that he was able to do. It is in NO WAY a guaranteed racially motivated remark.

Mayock very well may be a racist, but it is still SAD that so many STILL claim racism if anyone questions Cam.

I LIKE to capitalize SOME words more THAN others TOO. ISN'T this FUN?

JUST because you CAPITALIZE certain words doesn't MAKE your opinion any more POIGNANT.

Cam's success was due to a myriad of reasons, not least of which was his work ethic. His skillset, Chudzinski, Shula, all played roles in his success, but none of that would have meant much at all if Newton hadn't put in the time in the weight room, and film room.

Guaranteeing it is or isn't a racially motivated remark is narrow minded, that I agree with.

But I, like the others, find it odd Mayock would make comments concerning Newton's work ethic at this point. Totally ignoring social norms and stereotypes when it comes to athletes and race discounts POSSIBLE (see? look I held down the shift key!) motivations for these comments.

Don't forget Cam hangs out with rappers at the club and drinks........H2O........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Before we went through the process and eventually drafted Cam I'll admit, I always thought the hate on black QBs was a little overhyped. Holy fug was I wrong. Keep on keeping on Cam and continue to prove these fools wrong.

Right there with you, never bought into it until I had a front row seat... sad to see that some of the stereotypes applied to black QB's are still alive and well in '12.

Archived