• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick Poll

Skew

2 bucks is what, 3 or 4 minutes work? In a time = money ratio, it's not worth 24 hours, that's for sure.

I'll take the 100 on day 1, and do 5 minutes of overtime at work, giving me a full day to enjoy my $102 while you are still waiting for yours.

2 bucks is what, 3 or 4 minutes work? In a time = money ratio, it's not worth 24 hours, that's for sure.

I'll take the 100 on day 1, and do 5 minutes of overtime at work, giving me a full day to enjoy my $102 while you are still waiting for yours.

I can still do the same 5min of overtime that you do. Get $102 on day one. Then get $102 on day 2 as well, without do anything more than you are.

For this thought experiment to really work the times/amounts have to be in a smaller ratio. It has to be something like "Would you take $20 today or $50 after 60 days?" and that will show how the human psyche is mostly geared towards instant gain even though the amount of time their would wait is relatively small while their gain is relatively large. I took psych in college too.

Archived