• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Major Bobcats Announcement Coming Soon?

What is your fascination with me needing to generate "millions of dollars", King? You seem to have the whole business model mixed up. You see, the B**Cats work for us. We, as fans, are CUSTOMERS. Customers, as they say, are always right. Of COURSE the B**Cats would foot the bill. Just like they've paid for every pr disaster they've ever attempted to execute over the last 8 years. The idea is that a swift, (relatively) inexpensive rebrand would more than pay for itself, both from the financial gain it would generate and the goodwill it would engender. Handouts?!? I, like a whole bunch of other people, work real-life, grown up jobs so we can spend huge chunks of our time/money on this franchise. Handouts...wow.

Ugh...talking to you is making me stooopitter...musstop......

Mr. Touchdown where are you? Are you from Meck County?

Never question me about my city sir. I'm "Old School" Charlotte like BB Jamz and Stayin' Alive. West Fest. Spring Fest. What'cha know about City Fair? Flight 23 Shoe Store? Ever seen MJ play pickup games at the Grady Cole Center in the 80s? Gus The Bus? Fool I AM CHARLOTTE.

I aint even in this discussion or from Charlotte, but I had to give you +rep for this. Man, he probably wasn't expecting you to come back with this. Good stuff

John the Bobs dont owe you anything. Just because Im from Charlotte I cant pay for a tour to the Nascar HOF and think that means I should run their vompany. Imagine me saying "hey Im a customer and you guys suck. You need to change your name. You need to hire more blacks. Your culture dont represent Charlotte, blah, blah.

Funny thing is, Charlotte didnt reject or turn down any checks Bob wrote. When he paid the expansion fee, crickets. When he resigned G Force, crickets. When he paid top dollar for LB, crickets. When he sold the team to MJ at a discount so he could get it, crickets. You guys basically want to use Bobs money for everything, then tell us he did nothing because you're ashamed you needed his help. Youre ashamed theres no one from our area rich enough or qualified enough to own an NBA team. And when I ask you to use your own money for your cause, you get offended.

The only thing I'm ashamed of is having spent the last couple days attempting to have a well-reasoned dialogue with the likes of you, King. Especially when there are perfectly sophisticated brick walls all around me.

If you find time to tear yourself away from dusting your scale-model B** Johnson sculpture, come see us Friday! We'll be the ones up top, having a big ol' time :)

I hope our talk has shown you John there's a lot more to Charlotte than WFNZ listeners and poll respondents and not everybody is jumping up and down about rehashing the Hornets. Im glad you're going to the games, but if you're not willing to accept the team and organization, I dont see how that helps anything. There are hundreds of people who go to Panther games each Sunday that either arent Panther fans or just go to be seen. We need more than that. We need people to take pride in our Bobcats.

MrTD, im obviously older than you. The Charlotte the Hornets played in was a big town. Todays Charlotte is a big city. When Hornets were huge there was 2 malls (most upscale store being Dillards) and carowinds. Downtown charlotte didnt exist. Panthers didnt exist. Thats all we had here for fun. If you think this is the same city as then, i dont know what to tell you. Nobody wants to be big town charlotte no more but hornets nostalgists. Everybody else is looking to the future of the city.

KT this is a decent post considering what you have posted in this thread. It's hard for me to argue against someone who used to wait in line for Jordans at Freedom Mall.

Who would win a best of 7 series, the Charlotte bobcats or the Kentucky Wildcats?

. We need more than that. We need people to take pride in our Bobcats.

No, we need more than that.

We need an owner who can ACTUALLY put talent on the floor. Something that Johnson and now Jordan have failed MISERABLEY at. Both have proven to be two of the worst evaluators of talent and managers in the game.

Maybe now Cho can keep Jordan from making his bone head moves....love all of the trades that almost happened, until the media informed Jordan that we were getting screwed....and then seeing Jordan backtrack on them. He is terrible.

Hatter Bob put talent on the floor, but people cared more about arena votes, did he live fulltime in Charlotte, and who he fired from his company, to care. People keep ignoring the fact talent doesnt want to come to a market like this when they see disloyal fans and lukewarm support.

KT, you have a man crush on Bob Johnson? All i see you do is praise him and fail to see his negatives. You seem hate Hornets since they left us, why not hate Bob Johnson he left us to, he's the sellout not us. Bet the NBA regrets awarding that sellout a NBA franchise.

You may think the Hornets fail but they had lot better success on and off the court and in the stands then Bobcats ever had. Bobcats may not even be here for my grandkids to watch if they don't improve, lease can be bought out, can't stay 20th or so in attendance to long.

But honestly KT, part of the reason for the appearance of disloyalty and "lukewarm" fandom is because of how weak the brand is.

I noticed you have said in several of your posts that people asking for the Hornets brand back are supporting the Hornets as-is... Meaning, they are actually fans of New Orleans Hornets. This can't be further from the truth. I support our team because it is our hometeam, and that will never change. I support the idea of getting the Hornets brand back because I believe it will maximize our hometeam's potential success.

I love the Bobcats, but there's nothing wrong in acknowledging that I would possibly love them even more if they were the Hornets, Royals, Flight, or whatever. But, the Hornets brand has a meaning tied to this area. Any and every Charlottean or North Carolinian can take pride in what that brand represented in terms of a local identity.

Changing the name and logo doesn't tie us to Shinn or erase Bob Johnson form the history books. It's just simply a reboot for the better.

If the Hornets were such a success why arent they still here? There were more people at the Bobcats playoff games 2 years ago than there were at the last Charlotte Hornet playoff series. We are Charlotte. The Bobs will be here a lot longer than the Hornets. Hold your breath for us to leave in 10-15 years when that lease is up. Lol.

But you know the Hornets were successful. You also know why they became unsuccessful. That negates the argument as to there being more people at the Cats lone playoff appearance versus the Hornets last playoffs in Charlotte.

In all seriousness, if you love the team, why would you be so against something that could make it even better? As I said, what if another name would give us an advantage in sales/marketing? It doesn't have to be Hornets, but there is a good number of people who specifically want that name, and for good reason.

If it is beneficial to our team, then what is wrong with it or supporting the possibility?

I don't want to lose our team. I want our team to be successful and respected, which it hasn't been at anytime in its existence.

Archived