• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panther: Path To The Draft

Spaceballs83

If he's on the board, probably.

If St. Louis takes Blackmon at 6, Coples probably goes at 7 to Jax.

If that happens, I bet you take Ingram.

Yeap, Ingram can play DE, DT, and LB. Thats amazing.

Consider that we implement hybrid 4-3 3-4 defense. He'd make a lot of sense.

It bothers me that people keep saying Cam and Smitty need help now. Yes, we will need to find Smith's replacement soon, but good lord we have Cam, DWill, JStew, Tolbert, Smitty, Olsen, LaFell, and Gettis on offense. How many teams have that many solid options on offense? We need defense, defense, and more defense.

I have been saying all along Coples would be the best pick at that spot if blackmon, claiborne, kalil are gone. If he is gone too, then you start thinking about Kuechly, Poe, Ingram. Thats why im hoping he will still be there by the time we pick because if we have to decide between those last three it will make the decision that much more difficult.

It bothers me that people keep saying Cam and Smitty need help now. Yes, we will need to find Smith's replacement soon, but good lord we have Cam, DWill, JStew, Tolbert, Smitty, Olsen, LaFell, and Gettis on offense. How many teams have that many solid options on offense? We need defense, defense, and more defense.

Yeah, offense wasn't exactly the problem last year.

Obviously everyone would like to have Morris Claiborne or Justin Blackmon but if those two aren't there than it will be Quentin Coples. If somehow Coples isn't there it's down to Dontari Poe or trading back.

I also like what they said about Coby Fleener out of Stanford. He has great size, speed, athleticism and would also give the Panthers their depth back at the tight end spot with Greg Olsen, Gary Barnidge, and Coby Fleener. I also like the fact that Fleener was a big contributor on Stanford's special teams which could entice the Panthers to take him. However, unless the Panthers take Poe, I don't see Fleener being a true option. If we pick Coples it's simply because he is the best player on the board and we would still need to address the interior of the defense which leads me to believe that the Panthers may take defensive tackle, Jerel Worthy out of Michigan State if we take Coples with our first pick.

Just my two cents.

Archived