• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers staying? Not necessarily.

Mr. Scot

I am not ready to annoint Brown just yet in spite of his talent and intangibles. I think he will get minutes but DE's, even highly talented ones take some time in most cases to get up to speed. Him being undersized doesn't help his rise to power either.

I love his highlights though.

Brown is a better caliber player than Taylor entering the NFL. If Pep plays, I could see him getting alot of time on the opposite end on 3rd downs and even more time later in the year.

Taylor still had some pretty impressive plays, I'd like to see some passing downs where all three are on the field at the same time. Move Brown in to DT with Lewis, flank them with Taylor and Peppers. You have the speed to uncover screens and draws, with the outside ability to get to the passer.

If we had to lose one DE to accomodate Brown I'd have to let Brayton walk despite his play in the second half of the season. Our 3 young DE's all look like they could be very productive.

Taylor still had some pretty impressive plays, I'd like to see some passing downs where all three are on the field at the same time. Move Brown in to DT with Lewis, flank them with Taylor and Peppers. You have the speed to uncover screens and draws, with the outside ability to get to the passer.

If we had to lose one DE to accomodate Brown I'd have to let Brayton walk despite his play in the second half of the season. Our 3 young DE's all look like they could be very productive.

yeah, let's assume Pep plays......who should get the majority of the work on the opposite side becomes tough. Brayton has a motor but imo is limited in many aspects......BUT he seems like the type who could become "one of Fox's guys" possibly.....it will be interesting to see how the DL plays out this year.

Yes the Panthers are in complete control of the situation.

the two first round picks did not materialize that Hurney demanded

other combinations of picks also failed to materialize, hell the rumors of offered picks never materialized

the draft also passed without the BIG PEPPERS TRADE splash that was predicted

..and now we can expect a big move to recoup next years (planned all along most likely) first rounder based on some rookie that the Patriots drafted..any day now

naive people make me laugh really, really hard

this is a joke right?

you must laugh at yourself a lot...

It doesn't matter whether we get a 1st or not. If Pep stays, just as everything else has gone that you disagree with what people have been trying to tell you, then so be it.

what blows my mind is that you think we could have materialized a 1st round pick, when Pep has yet to sign his tender...

what is so hard to realize about this? This is the same thing you ignore every time...

*sigh*

You find it naive that a 1st round pick has yet to materialize when you have been told, over and over, that his tender must be signed before the Panthers can talk to any teams...

Obviously, noone is going to put this in Carey's hands... as he has yet to show he knows what he is doing.

The panthers are still in control after all his non-sense.

Keep hating, but it's not that complicated man.

Your making it sound hard to sign a tender. Yes the Panthers cant shop him but if a team called Carey during Saturdays draft and made a offer they could have it done in a few minutes.

yeah, let's assume Pep plays......who should get the majority of the work on the opposite side becomes tough. Brayton has a motor but imo is limited in many aspects......BUT he seems like the type who could become "one of Fox's guys" possibly.....it will be interesting to see how the DL plays out this year.

As it stands right now we have three very different LDE's. Brayton is the best against the run, Taylor is the best as a pure pass rusher and CJ is the best over all being stout at both, but not great at either. Brown is the wildcard and from what I read he's not ready to play the run in the NFL, but that obviously has yet to be determined.

Again, on passing downs put your two fastest DE's on the edge, move someone inside get the most out of your pass rush. OR- cater to Peppers some and let him play as a 3-4 OLB some with Brown - Lewis - Taylor on the line and him attacking where ever he sees an opening. You keep the OL guessing while not really giving up anything in coverage.

No I do not think he resigns next season, it will get pricey after this season to resign Peppers again! Besides; is'nt that why we gave up a First round next year, too get Everette Brown who is the future of the Panthers Defensive line!

''Red Right 88; Jan. 1980 AFC Divisional vs. Oakland"!

Your making it sound hard to sign a tender. Yes the Panthers cant shop him but if a team called Carey during Saturdays draft and made a offer they could have it done in a few minutes.

Your making it sound like Pep is just waiting for Hurney to let him sign it....

... you're also making it sound like Pep and Carey are in the war room on Saturday...

...and on top of that, you're making it sound like Pep and Carey can just walk in right at the moment a team wastes time on the clock while a complicated situation is going on.

(and no team has any clue how it's going on, so to expect them to be on the phone with Carey 8 minutes figuring a trade when they still need Hurney's approval is somewhat far fetched to believe).

Yanno, a decent example of how you're saying this would work out is if I'm on the phone with someone and someone is next to me. The person I'm on the phone with is trying to figure out where to eat with the person next to me and I'm the middle man. If you actually try this, you will find how complicated this gets as I'm trying to communicate for both people.

Add to this the fact that one side is content to eat one place and the other side is content to eat at another. And to really throw this off course is to say I'm the one trying to convince both to eat at my place.

Also, add into this the smoke screens and the hard ball being played...

This is not an easy situation... and believe one thing, Carey and Pep are NOT in the war room during the draft.. I just think this is far too complicated of a situation just to say "Hey Hurney, I got this guy on the phone, he wants this contract we agreed on." "Hey Carey, I disprove, why don't you take this detail out for that detail..." "Hey Hurney, I didn't like your suggestion so I added this detail." "hey Carey, I dont like that addition. Ask them to do this and you have to accept this other detail."

All the while, you still have to get the other team to agree..

Are you kidding me?

In other words, I find it a bit of a reach to give the example your giving.

and on top of all this, PEP STILL HAS TO SIGN HIS TENDER.... (write that down please)

lmfao

No I do not think he resigns next season, it will get pricey after this season to resign Peppers again! Besides; is'nt that why we gave up a First round next year, too get Everette Brown who is the future of the Panthers Defensive line!

''Red Right 88; Jan. 1980 AFC Divisional vs. Oakland"!

It would be pricey to re-tag him, not resign him- comparitively speaking of course. Imagine Brown and Peppers on the line together, that paints a brighter future in my eyes.

As it stands right now we have three very different LDE's. Brayton is the best against the run, Taylor is the best as a pure pass rusher and CJ is the best over all being stout at both, but not great at either. Brown is the wildcard and from what I read he's not ready to play the run in the NFL, but that obviously has yet to be determined.

Again, on passing downs put your two fastest DE's on the edge, move someone inside get the most out of your pass rush. OR- cater to Peppers some and let him play as a 3-4 OLB some with Brown - Lewis - Taylor on the line and him attacking where ever he sees an opening. You keep the OL guessing while not really giving up anything in coverage.

Maybe zone blitz with Brown and Taylor on the edge, with CJ and Lewis inside, Peppers free roaming.

Maybe zone blitz with Brown and Taylor on the edge, with CJ and Lewis inside, Peppers free roaming.

Yeah, point is there are plenty of ways to keep him, use him more creatively without killing your own philosophy to do it. I thought we should be using him as a OLB in some situations long before now. Now, with the talent we have at DE there's no reason not to move him around some.

It would be pricey to re-tag him, not resign him- comparitively speaking of course. Imagine Brown and Peppers on the line together, that paints a brighter future in my eyes.

Maybe so, but I don't see Peppers in Carolina beyond 2009. I might be wrong; however, I only see him staying for one more year. As for Brown and Peppers yes that would be a top notch Defensive Line if....Brown does'nt turn out to be a bust!

"1986 AFC Championship Game, A Game dubbed as the Drive"!

Maybe so, but I don't see Peppers in Carolina beyond 2009. I might be wrong; however, I only see him staying for one more year. As for Brown and Peppers yes that would be a top notch Defensive Line if....Brown does'nt turn out to be a bust!

"1986 AFC Championship Game, A Game dubbed as the Drive"!

I would bet my car that Peppers is here for the next 5 years. I said it last season, I said it three months ago and I'm saying it again now.

Also, if we lose Peppers and Brown is a bust- we now have potentially the worst line in the league. There's plenty of incentive to keep Pep here.

She is weird but hot..........

If Pep dose sign long term we have the DEs and size to use him as a Joker like we did at the end of last year or move him inside like the Giants have been known to do with there DEs.

Archived