• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke Robinson OG OU

KillerKat

I guess, I can undertand why he dropped until 5th round...

In todays NFL teams are looking for position flexiblity, I am sorry but it looks this guy can only play OG in NFL....

If he would be a starter that would be perfect, but now we don't a backup that can play OT/OG combination....

I think Bernadeau can play OG/C but I am not sure on that also....

If he can replace Vincent this year it is perfect but I am not sure FO would do that....and that is actually bad news for Schwartz.....

In todays NFL teams are looking for position flexiblity, I am sorry but it looks this guy can only play OG in NFL....

If he would be a starter that would be perfect, but now we don't a backup that can play OT/OG combination....

If he can replace Vincent this year it is perfect but I am not sure FO would do that....and that is actually bad news for Schwartz.....

Schwartz can play OT/OG and currently is our primary backup RT.

A lot of people think he's capable of playing RT, so there is some position flexibility and I really think he'll be out starting RG in the relative near future.

To hell with that idea. Vincent was awsome last year. I hope Robinson never sees the field in a regular season game this season, unless it's in the 4th quarter of a blow out win.

This guy is a brawler for sure, but he needs at least a year to add enough strength to be a starter. I like his footwork and all the tools are there, but he needs to get stronger in order to generate more push. In a few years, the combination of Otah and Robinson on the right side is going to be pretty darn easy to run behind.

He was projected 2nd or 3rd round and is one of the best guards, if not THE best guard available, and we got him in the 5th!

But I wanted him in second round dammit!! As soon as Duke lets a lineman get by him, KillerKat will be the first to say "F U Jake for taking the sack!"

He worth it in the 5th though.

This guy is a brawler for sure, but he needs at least a year to add enough strength to be a starter. I like his footwork and all the tools are there, but he needs to get stronger in order to generate more push. In a few years, the combination of Otah and Robinson on the right side is going to be pretty darn easy to run behind.

I really don't see it taking a few years, I think he has a legit start and passing Vincent this year, particularly given their respective ages and injury histories.

I really don't see it taking a few years, I think he has a legit start and passing Vincent this year, particularly given their respective ages and injury histories.

Even on a "running team", pass blocking is too important. He will have to be developed first. Every year it seems a run-blocking gaurd that everyone wants drops to 4th or 5th round. It's not worth the risk in the 2nd round round if they are too lazy to develop pass protection skills.

his off the field issues like motivation and character are scary, but the fact that he fell to the 5th should be a wake up call that the NFL takes those things seriously

I don't want to take anything from vincent but I bet he could beat him out by the start of the season

I really hope his adittude problems don't backfire on us, but that's why we drafted him in the 5th and not the 3rd

Archived