• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Just Watched 6 Games Worth Of Quinton Coples Snaps...

Catalyst

It has more to do with coming to a conclusion based on YouTube clips, which have been picked and chosen by the uploader.

It seems a number of scouts see the same thing. He's big and strong and looks the part but that doesn't make him good.

During the college season I tried to watch him when I could. I'm not a scout, or an enthusiast, and my opinion means nothing. But, of what I saw, he never did anything.

Hes pretty much the only player I don't want, well him and Poe.

I've been saying for awhile I don't want anything to do with him. I've seen multiple scouts that don't even have a 1st round grade on him as well (although most do to be fair). I really hope we land Cox but if he's gone I wouldn't mind Ingram or one of the top CBs I suppose.

If you honestly can't see the difference, then there is no hope for you.

I do understand the difference. I said that in the 2nd post. But don't act like there's nothing to see from these YouTube vids either. You can tell when the guy's being pushed out of the play every single time. You can tell when he's giving half-ass effort. You can tell when he's not getting any push.

Obviously there are reasons he's projected this high. There is potential. But I can't imagine his real game tape looking THAT much better than what I saw. Plus, he just seems apathetic about the game. No fire, no fight, no motor. Just not the type of player we need to add to our defense on any level.

you based your opinion on 6 plays.ok.

What are you talking about? Six GAMES, not six plays. Six games worth of snaps - every snap he took in those games - 3 from 2010 and 3 from last season.

Well since second city says he is awful we have no worries. I am sure he will drop out of the draft completely and will be available as a UDFA. After all lets ignore what everyone else says.

And if you didn't want this type of reaction why would you post such a negative critical post?? Do you really think this gives you credibility or that people will agree with you unless you are an anti-Coples advocate. Some of what people post and then get butt hurt about when they get criticized just amazes me.

I do understand the difference. I said that in the 2nd post. But don't act like there's nothing to see from these YouTube vids either. You can tell when the guy's being pushed out of the play every single time. You can tell when he's giving half-ass effort. You can tell when he's not getting any push.

Don't you know that the best way to form an opinion on a player is to not watch any games at all? You simply look at draft boards or pick the guys from your favorite college!

It seems a number of scouts see the same thing. He's big and strong and looks the part but that doesn't make him good.

During the college season I tried to watch him when I could. I'm not a scout, or an enthusiast, and my opinion means nothing. But, of what I saw, he never did anything.

Hes pretty much the only player I don't want, well him and Poe.

Show me which scout said he is terrible and I'll never post here again.

What are you talking about? Six GAMES, not six plays. Six games worth of snaps - every snap he took in those games - 3 from 2010 and 3 from last season.

based off what you said it should have been 6 plays. fbomb terrible prospects dont get drafted, and this guy is a projected 1st rounder.

Archived