• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Just Don't See Us Taking A Dt Or A Cb Today

teeray

If Gettis is an unknown then so is Hogan. I could see Alshon Jeffrey or Stephen Hill making it to #40, but if the Ravens don't take Jenkins he will probably be there too, not to mention Trumaine Johnson is still on the board. I could also see a Cordy Glenn or a Bobbie Massie if they went O-Line. I don't think they will, but they could also still go DT with someone like Jerel Worthy or Devon Still. It's possible the FO goes for a S but seeing that the only real blue chip S is gone I doubt that happens, especially with the two FA S that were signed. No matter what the Panthers are once again going to get a really good player today.

What if Coby Fleener made it past the Colts all the way to #40?

One of them will be around...it's just a matter of marty pulling the trigger. Worthy tweeted about his visit with Carolina saying their not afraid to play a rookie and they love his game

I would love to see Worthy in Carolina.

I'm torn between drafting a CB like Jenkins if he is there or a big B10 dlineman like Worthy or Still.

If Gettis is an unknown then so is Hogan.

Gettis is an unknown drafted while Fox was HC. Hogan is an unknown drafted with Rivera's input. Small but important difference.

Another reason WR might be higher on Rivera's list of importance than CB. If I recall correctly, Coach was not happy with Gettis and Lafell's play during preseason and training camp. I kind of remember them being in his dog house. Of course Lafell went on to do some good things towards the end of the year but Gettis suffered a serious injury that has potential to slow him down after his recovery. He may still not trust Gettis. In his mind, we maybe going into the season with Smith and Lafell as best 2 with open competition for number 3-5.

Gettis is an unknown drafted while Fox was HC. Hogan is an unknown drafted with Rivera's input. Small but important difference.

Another reason WR might be higher on Rivera's list of importance than CB. If I recall correctly, Coach was not happy with Gettis and Lafell's play during preseason and training camp. I kind of remember them being in his dog house. Of course Lafell went on to do some good things towards the end of the year but Gettis suffered a serious injury that has potential to slow him down after his recovery. He may still not trust Gettis. In his mind, we maybe going into the season with Smith and Lafell as best 2 with open competition for number 3-5.

Hogan wasn't in Coach's doghouse but he was injured all year.

I'm saying Hogan was hurt last year too almost all year, so we really don't know much about him either.

I agree but I was trying to put it in Rivera's point of view. Hogan is a Rivera influenced pick. He might be more willing to give him a shot over Gettis who had one full year and in his dog house the following preseason before getting injured.

Archived