• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andre 3000 Will Play Jimi Hendrix

Dpantherman

• 6 months later...

Just watched this the other night...was amazed that there is no Jimi in this movie at all. All the songs are new. Waddy Wachtel did all the guitar performances and a couple of different singers sang the Jimi parts.

As far as Andre, he was awesome as Jimi. 

Just watched this the other night...was amazed that there is no Jimi in this movie at all. All the songs are new. Waddy Wachtel did all the guitar performances and a couple of different singers sang the Jimi parts.

As far as Andre, he was awesome as Jimi.

This movie is out already?

• 4 months later...

The storyline may be somewhat accurate, but the Hendrix family refused to release any rights to the music (hence the covers), did not provide any insight or family information and basically called this nothing more than an unauthorized biography.

What a shame, Hendrix is a cultural icon for me, I listened to him from the first time I heard him around 1967 until he passed and I'd love to see someone do a really good biopic. I have almost all of his music and the older I get, the more fascinated I am with his music. The guy was decades ahead of his time.

The storyline may be somewhat accurate, but the Hendrix family refused to release any rights to the music (hence the covers), did not provide any insight or family information and basically called this nothing more than an unauthorized biography.

What a shame, Hendrix is a cultural icon for me, I listened to him from the first time I heard him around 1967 until he passed and I'd love to see someone do a really good biopic. I have almost all of his music and the older I get, the more fascinated I am with his music. The guy was decades ahead of his time.

I disagree. I don't think it's a shame. Productions like this have their own agendas and more often than not fug up a good thing in a lot of ways. Hendrix is a legend and a guitar god. Not a single person has come close as of yet to the talent of Hendrix. Don't fug with it. This isn't someone from 300 years ago, you can learn everything you want about him without some stupid movie without some retard with a number in his name with god awful, talentless moronic 'music'.

I disagree. I don't think it's a shame. Productions like this have their own agendas and more often than not fug up a good thing in a lot of ways. Hendrix is a legend and a guitar god. Not a single person has come close as of yet to the talent of Hendrix. Don't fug with it. This isn't someone from 300 years ago, you can learn everything you want about him without some stupid movie without some retard with a number in his name with god awful, talentless moronic 'music'.

​I think you misunderstood my point. Which was to say it's a shame the production/movie did Hendrix no justice and anything less than actual Hendrix music and footage and the family's involvement is nothing but a disservice to those who want to know what they missed. I'm not blaming the family at all and I think their involvement is a must if we want to see a movie about the real Jimi.

Archived