• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How 'Huddle Old School' are you?

NanceUSMC

Y'all need to ask Mush about the stump.

BINGO!

Waaaaaaay back in, oh, maybe 2004 (?) somehow or another (Mush, Zod, Kurb, Skew, Cooter may have to help me out some) we secured this stump at one of our tailgates... If I remember correctly, we had to pat the stump for good luck, and ended up on a nice winning streak, so the stump became a tailgate staple for good luck... Somebody would bring it to every tailgate, and make sure it got home safely... After a while, 'The Stump' (as it came to be known) became a Huddle (tailgate and message board) legend (for those of us who are superstitious, of course)... Well, after I moved to Texas, I assumed 'The Stump' was lost to the ages, but after coming home to visit the folks this weekend, I discovered it in one of my father's flower beds... After finding it, I had to snap a photo of it and see just who remembered...

Oh, and of course I patted it for luck...

No, no... Of course not... Just something I ran across today that I thought would give some of the guys a chuckle...

Is someone going to bring it to the tailgates. I'd love to pat the huddles wood.

I love traditions. I wish the Panther fans could create a good one.

Archived