• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... This Sunday Will Be A Black-Out

beastson

When the Panthers org sends me a jersey in each flavor I'll start worrying about whether I match what they're wearing on the field.

Yeah, I spent a sh*tload of money on an authentic blue jersey and I'm supposed to wear a black t-shirt over it just to conform to some dumbass promotion that has *** all to do with the outcome of the game? I'm so on board with that! :rolleyes:

Why are you in total defense mode? If you don't want to do it, then don't.

Why are you in total defense mode? If you don't want to do it, then don't.

I'm not....just tired of hearing about how "true" fans have all the jerseys so they can wear what the team chooses to wear for any particular game. I'm not "on board" because I prefer to wear the big money jersey I bought because it doesn't happen to jive with the black jerseys the team will wear tomorrow.

Not saying you have to - just saying it's nothing new.

I know....I wasn't replying as much to you as I was all the "get on board" people that start this sh*t.....Between sponsoring half of the tailgate this game, gas, hotel and food, I'm dropping a sh*t load of money this weekend (not to mention 16hrs of driving)....only to be told to "get on board" and go buy a replica black jersey or for *** sake a friggin' black t-shirt to wear OVER my jersey....yeah, sure, way to go. Guess I'm not a "true" fan who won't "get on board". Whatever.

I'm not....just tired of hearing about how "true" fans have all the jerseys so they can wear what the team chooses to wear for any particular game. I'm not "on board" because I prefer to wear the big money jersey I bought because it doesn't happen to jive with the black jerseys the team will wear tomorrow.

So, whats the problem of wearing a black hoodie, or black jacket over that jersey

Dont tell me you dont have a black coat

Between sponsoring half of the tailgate this game, gas, hotel and food, I'm dropping a sh*t load of money this weekend (not to mention 16hrs of driving)....only to be told to "get on board" and go buy a replica black jersey or for *** sake a friggin' black t-shirt to wear OVER my jersey....yeah, sure, way to go. Guess I'm not a "true" fan who won't "get on board". Whatever.

Kudos to you for sponsoring half of the tailgate.

I know what you mean. There seems to be a direct correlation on this board between how much money a person spends and how big of a fan they are. People are demonized and are not "true fans" if they do so much as try to save money on game tickets.

To pay full price on merchandise or tickets when you can get them cheaper doesn't make you any truer of a fan, it makes you stupid.

That being said, I'll now be wearing my black DeAngelo jersey tomorrow. :cool:

most everything i have was gifted to me. if i bought it myself then it was most likely on sale. only exception is a hoody i got from fanattic a few years back for like 70 bucks.

and I'm not saying that you aren't a true fan if you don't participate in the black out. it would just be cool to see the fanbase unify in that way. it would be something that is talked about for years to come i think. like philly fans throwing ice balls at santa clause. and i think it would kill the "wine and cheese" rep for good.

here's to 8-0 no matter what shinner wears!!!

So is this your first game at Panther stadium

No, this will be my...4th, I think.

Cause if its not, I'm sure you can go out on the limb without your jersey just for this 1 game

Sorry brudda, I bought my jersey with the intent of wearing it to games. As I live in PA and only get to one or maybe 2 games at the most each season, I wear it to every game. I came down for the Saints game and sat on the sunny side. I sweat my ass off in that jersey when it would have been real easy to take it off.

I may carry a coat into the game tomorrow, but unless I'm freezing it ain't gonna be put on. I don't go for these hokey gimmicks. I don't give a crap how it looks on TV because it doesn't mean squat to the game. It doesn't make the players play harder and it doesn't make the fans cheer louder. We're all there as Panthers fans, and that's all the unity I need.

If you think it means something and like the idea, knock yerself out....that's cool with me, I'm just not participating.

What you really ought to be fixated on is why the hell so few cars in the Charlotte area show any support for the home team. I rode 77 south from the VA border to the Westin in the city....If I saw 2 cars with any kind of Panthers sticker on it, I'd be lying...it was shocking. Plenty of stickers for audio equipment, rice burner street mod companies and "in memory of" stickers, but no Panthers stickers. WTF? No wonder the local fan base gets a harsh rep.

Archived