• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who spreads the ball around more...Jake or Matty?

rayzor

In all honesty Jake doesnt target Smith all the time. Seen it plenty times at games where Smith will be wide open and Jake doesnt see him.

I've seen this too. It's not really a question that he target one receiver more than the others its that he targets a receiver. There is a second and thrd option on every pass play even if the third option is to take a sack or get a yard on the ground. When people say he is "locked in" its not necessarily on 89 its on a player from the time they break the huddle to when the ball snaps.

I just don't think the guy is talented enough to play what the defense gives him.

true enough.

hopefully rip will get him to be aware of the field better and to take advantage of the best options more than he has before.

Thisssss.

I'm hoping that the guy is pretty smart and gets Jake in gear and gives him A LOT better awareness, it's his main flaw along with his anger/frustration problems.

in 2003 Smitty had 141 Targets, Moose had 100 targets. Prohel had 52 targets. RB's, Te's and other WR's accounted for the remaining 156 targets. Delhomme threw 449 Passes that season.

Percentages

Smith 31 percent

Moose 22 percent

Prohel 12 Percent

Rest 35 percent

He stays with the first read too long, by the time he's to the second the ball is being smacked out of his dumb hand.
well they worked on that in mini camp...the ball getting knocked out of his hands, anyway.

In reality, Smith's percentage is 36.4% since these stats are over 16 games, but Smith missed the first two.

I'd venture to say that the White/Jenkins target ratio lessened as the season went on simply because Jenkins production increased significantly during the second half.

It's not bad that Delhomme targets Smith. He's one of the best WR's in the game. But he always seems capable of screwing up royally when you least need him to. I just don't sense a comfort level there when the game is in his hands. It's not to say he won't perform in these situations, but the spector of a significant breakdown is always present.

I just don't sense a comfort level there when the game is in his hands. It's not to say he won't perform in these situations, but the spector of a significant breakdown is always present.

I'm no BDJS, but there were several games last season where I just knew Jake was going to lead us down the field and put us in good position with just minutes remaining, and he did.

He's not perfect, but if the "spector" of a significant breakdown looms over him, so too does the possibility of a gamewinning drive.

After all, Jake's a gunslinger cut from the same cloth as Favre. He's just not celebrated as such. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

in 2006 tom brady hit an average of 9 receivers a game which is frankly absurd and the highest for seasons where they have info.

And woah, that WR corps he had in 2006 was MIGHTY (NOT).

He's always been like that except his first year as a starter when Troy Brown was his binky. I think he has the best field vision I have ever seen (inasmuch as that can be judged from watching on tv). Plus he works with his receivers relentlessly.

in 2006 tom brady hit an average of 9 receivers a game which is frankly absurd and the highest for seasons where they have info.

And woah, that WR corps he had in 2006 was MIGHTY (NOT).

He's always been like that except his first year as a starter when Troy Brown was his binky. I think he has the best field vision I have ever seen (inasmuch as that can be judged from watching on tv). Plus he works with his receivers relentlessly.

Q: who is tom brady's favorite target?

A: the open receiver.

this is something that i have been hoping would be true for jake for years. i'm crossing my fingers more than ever that Rip is able to help him with his field vision. i'm of the persuasion that jake can get there. he has the best receiving weapons he has had probably the whole time he has been here and the best running game and maybe the best Oline. his arm should be in better shape than last year. he has probably the best QB coach he has ever had (of course i doubt there has been much in the way of competition, at least not here, for that designation).

one by one the excuses are falling away. things are in place for him to have the most solid year of his career. i hope for the panthers sake it is.

I'm no BDJS, but there were several games last season where I just knew Jake was going to lead us down the field and put us in good position with just minutes remaining, and he did.

He's not perfect, but if the "spector" of a significant breakdown looms over him, so too does the possibility of a gamewinning drive.

After all, Jake's a gunslinger cut from the same cloth as Favre. He's just not celebrated as such. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

JAKE IS NOT A GUNSLINGER:beatdeadhorse5:

Archived