• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(rumors) Charlotte Bobcats - Clevland Cavs

carolina-chuck

I think you always want the highest pick. What are we going to get with a #24 pick? Miles Plumlee? No thanks...

The question is whether the Bobcats believe there is no bit of difference between Barnes, Robinson, Beal, and Gilchrist.

If they don't think there is, then they trade #2 for #4 & #24 if that's what they can get, and you pick between whichever two are there at #4.

If they do believe there's a difference, then they may as well pick that person at #2 instead of risking him not being there at #4.

Like I said, if they actually want Barnes, there's no guarantee he'll be there at #4. Cleveland may get him #2 because they wouldn't be criticized for it because they have a good PG who's friends with the guy. If Cleveland picks Beal instead, Washington would likely choose Barnes, and they wouldn't be criticized either, because they have Wall. If the Bobcats had a star PG, they wouldn't be getting ripped as much for the possibility, or maybe they would, since the media seems intent on trying to force the Bobcats to make the lowest-risk, lowest-reward pick, instead of the highest risk, highest reward pick...based on their (the media's) projections.

I'm done repeating the obvious, for you. Wings like Barnes don't normally play for Roy for a reason is what the Exec was saying. And yes, UNC has a history of minimizing what their wings show, versus what they end up doing when they get to the NBA.

That'll work in the favor of whoever takes Barnes when he's showing people like you things you didn't expect.

I guarantee you that, that NBA exec that said that is the Sacramento Kings. The same Kings who thought Jimmer Fredette would turn in to something because he was a good jump shooter.

In the NBA you have to be able to drive.

The NBA and NCAA are two different worlds when it comes to basketball.

I guarantee you that, that NBA exec that said that is the Sacramento Kings. The same Kings who thought Jimmer Fredette would turn in to something because he was a good jump shooter.

In the NBA you have to be able to drive.

The NBA and NCAA are two different worlds when it comes to basketball.

Driving in the NBA and college are two different things. Spacing's different, defense is different.

If you go by UNC last year, no one on the team could "drive" because they all rarely did.

By the way, people who think it's easier to learn how to consistently make a jump shot (Gilchrist) instead of being able to drive (Barnes) in an offense with better spacing that makes it easier to do so, are morons. I've actually seen that nonsense: "It'll be easier for Gilchrist to develop a shot than it will be for Barnes to improve his handle."

Dumb.

Driving in the NBA and college are two different things. Spacing's different, defense is different.

If you go by UNC last year, no one on the team could "drive" because they all rarely did.

By the way, people who think it's easier to learn how to consistently make a jump shot (Gilchrist) instead of being able to drive (Barnes) in an offense with better spacing that makes it easier to do so, are morons. I've actually seen that nonsense: "It'll be easier for Gilchrist to develop a shot than it will be for Barnes to improve his handle."

Dumb.

No one said it was and no one is lobbying for MKG, everyone is lobbying for T-Rob who is clearly the better player.

No need to be an ignorant fool.

No one said it was and no one is lobbying for MKG, everyone is lobbying for T-Rob who is clearly the better player.

No need to be an ignorant fool.

I still don't get how some of you think he is clearly the better player.

He had 1 year of production in a 3 year college career. Barnes produced both his Freshman and Soph year.

If that reads like it seems, a BIG FAT NO to that deal, I wouldn't trade the 2nd and 31, pick for the 4th and 24th and nothing else. Not worth it. I would consider a straight up swap of #2 for #5 and #24. Love to then package 24 and 31 and move up to the teens for another pick.

This.

I think most posting in this thread do not understand the article. We would NOT get the #4 and #24 pick for the #2 pick. We would get 4 and 24 .....and give up 2 and 31.

Would be another dumb trade if we did it for that.

well, the cavs have 33 and 34 as well. maybe they dont want 2 guarenteed contracts this season. giving up 24 to move up to 2 might not be bad for the cavs. I'm sure the bobcats will make them offer something more, the way the trade stands, no way bobcats do it, there not really gaining anything, they move from 2-4 and move up from 31 to 24.

Archived