• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

Right now I run about a mile for warm up, then run 4x400m, with 200m cooldowns in between. Then run a cooldown mile to finish. My pace during the 400m is just shy of my 5K pace, not quite a sprint but probably 80% effort. Goal is to run all repeats with the same pace. I'll increase to 5x400m pretty soon.

Like and pie for you for all that running.

Like and pie for you for all that running.

today I ran the 400s around the soccer fields at Dilworth elementary. They had just watered the fields so I trashed my new kicks. Dammit.

I really need to start training harder...I really wanna run the 8k Turkey Trot Thanksgiving day

I really need to start training harder...I really wanna run the 8k Turkey Trot Thanksgiving day

you can do it. I'm running the savannah rock-n-roll half marathon Nov. 3, the turkey trot should be fun too.

Since moving to Hawaii I have been riding my bike to work. I also do 1 four mile hike after work a week and 1 eight mile hike on my day off. Going to get in surfing when I get back did it a couple of times and is a great workout on the arms and neck. I really need to start lifting to build my arms up.

I'm fat and weak so im doing a pretty basic routine now.

Doing squats, stiff leg dead lifts, barbell curls, overhead barbell press, bench press, bent over rows, and calf raises. This is 3 days a week with cardio at the end of the workouts. Mind you it isn't with a ton of weight so im not killing myself yet. Let's see how it goes. Here is the link to the workout if any of you beginners wanna do it too. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

About three months ago I got back into the swing of things, which for me is mostly cardio (running/walking, basketball) and some light lifting, mainly machines and some free weights/curls three to four days per week. Having two young kids, life has been in the way, but I was just getting uncomfortable and my waistline wasn't fitting right and had to do something about it. Down about 8 pounds since I started.

Fug you, father time - I'm back.

Nada man. No time for anything nowadays, you?

Pretty good bro... I left u a msg on your profile, idk if you got it... get up with me. Text, email, whatever, it's been a while and I see you're off of fb.

Back on subject... been doing my morning walk this week... that's making me feel good.

Less than two weeks in on the ripped vitapak and morning walks along with my normal evenings at the gym and I'm down from 219 to 213 this morning. :)

I exercise every day, first thing in the morning, usually around 5:30 to 6:30 AM.

Lifting one day, cardio the next. The cardio is either 5 miles on the elliptical or five miles running.

When I say lifting I should clrify that it is Bowflex and dumbell stuff. I have no interest in "mass" or "maxing out" or whatever plateheads call it these days.

I want to look decent and fit in to my trousers, and live long enough to see my future grandkids.

Very attainable goals, I hope.

The motivation comes from that goal.

Also should mention, when you don't have a belly, teh sexaytime performance is most excellent.

You don't need meds when you are in good shape.

So there is that motivation too.

Archived