• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article on panther defense

Spaceballs83

Like Gantt said "someone has to get the tackle stats" I bet most of his tackles are after 15+ yard gains.

Those should be the safeties swallowing that up, but hilariously they didnt which to me was very telling towards them and not so much Anderson. The man played like an animal, respect that poo.

He made the tackles bc he doesn't suck. Lots of the guys he shared the field with last year didn't belong on a field

That is as close to a compliment I have seen from you in a while. I'll take it. Being the best player on the field is not a bad thing. Why does that seem to irk you so much? Anderson played well, and you just have to admit that he is more than jag.

You do not rack up the #s Anderson did if you are jag. You have to have the ability. Why would you argue the fact that some fans seem to think he is pretty special for what he has done the last few years? He has quietly become a player people around the league are noticing. Sounds like more than jag to me.

There are plenty of jag's around here. Try picking on one of them. You may find a friend or two actually willing to agree with you.

I think Anderson is a great LBer, he had one of the worse DEF he played with in his career and he did the best he could do with what he had. Anderson never gets a lot of love. But hopefully when Luke, Beason and Anderson line up together this coming year, people want forget about him. Especially if is out there doing what he has done the last few years.

I like Anderson because he's dependable. Unlike the rest of our defense last year, he didn't choke on tackles often. Our safeties, notably Sherrod, couldn't wrap up and got played by vets. The fact that Anderson still had the willpower and pride to chase down people for tackles even after 15 yard gains is something you should respect.

What I fund most perplexing about Anderson is that he, for better our worse, was part if that terrible defense. What I mean is that you have to take his performance worth that I'd the rest of the defense. There is no question that he cares and works his butt off, but for me where are the momentum plays? The plays that turned the tide of a drive. The past two years I cannot recall many. Where as with Beason and a healthy Davis, they have many to their credit. I like him, but more as a compliment rather than a star.

What I fund most perplexing about Anderson is that he, for better our worse, was part if that terrible defense. What I mean is that you have to take his performance worth that I'd the rest of the defense. There is no question that he cares and works his butt off, but for me where are the momentum plays? The plays that turned the tide of a drive. The past two years I cannot recall many. Where as with Beason and a healthy Davis, they have many to their credit. I like him, but more as a compliment rather than a star.

He had 3 fumble recoveries, 2 Ints, and 1.5 sacks. Do you not consider those momentum plays?? How about the tackles for losses, tackles on third down and short, etc. He was the star last year and played at a very high level. He just didn't have much around him and couldn't do it all by himself. He was every bit as dominant on the strong side as Davis in 2009.

After looking at his stats, I can agree that he had a fantastic year in regards to numbers. My feeling is that while he did well individually, I wanted more. Maybe my expectations were too high. I guess I wouldn't be the first to take my Beason hopes and pass those on to him. James is a very solid player but not a star for me. Did he elevate the play of others? I don't feel like he did.

I won't pretend to know everything, and i'm always glad to admit my mistakes. I will close with this, I'm glad he's a Panther and he will make the defense better.

Also, please forgive stupid typos and words. Doing this on my phone is not the easiest. Especially with my son sleeping on me!

After looking at his stats, I can agree that he had a fantastic year in regards to numbers. My feeling is that while he did well individually, I wanted more. Maybe my expectations were too high. I guess I wouldn't be the first to take my Beason hopes and pass those on to him. James is a very solid player but not a star for me. Did he elevate the play of others? I don't feel like he did.

I won't pretend to know everything, and i'm always glad to admit my mistakes. I will close with this, I'm glad he's a Panther and he will make the defense better.

Also, please forgive stupid typos and words. Doing this on my phone is not the easiest. Especially with my son sleeping on me!

The problem for Anderson as a linebacker last year was not only having to move positions after Davis went down last year (which Beason would tell you isn't easy) but he also never knew who was going to play with him from week to week. We started something like 8 different combinations of linebackers on game day last year. You can't elevate other's play when you are having to go back to basics every week and you don't have the same personnel on the field from game to game. You can't anticipate what other guys will do or work as a unit. It was basically Anderson and whoever they could piece together from the backups and practice squad guys to fill in that week.

Archived